2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 5:34 PM by Kai Hintze

Trying to create BL folder in an nsh script. Fails with "Invalid qualified group name : Work"

Kai Hintze

I'm trying to create a work folder in an nsh script. It fails, and I can't see why. I can create the folder in the GUI, but I want it to be scripted so that the script doesn't fail if something happens to the folder.

The script says:

# First we need a work directory.

ParentGroup="/BLAdmins Jobs/Recommended Scheduled Jobs"

if ! $(blcli JobGroup groupExists "$ParentGroup")

then

print "ERROR: What happened to $ParentGroup?"

exit

fi

WorkGroup="$ParentGroup/Work"

if [[ $(blcli JobGroup groupExists "$WorkGroup") == "false" ]]

then

WorkGroupID=$(blcli JobGroup createGroupWithParentName "$ParentGroup" "Work")

fi

When I run it with nsh +xv myscript.nsh I get:

# First we need a work directory.

+run_updates.nsh:6> ParentGroup='/BLAdmins Jobs/Recommended Scheduled Jobs'

if ! $(blcli JobGroup groupExists "$ParentGroup")

then

exit

fi

+run_updates.nsh:1> blcli JobGroup groupExists '/BLAdmins Jobs/Recommended Scheduled Jobs'

+run_updates.nsh:7> true

WorkGroup="$ParentGroup/Work"

+run_updates.nsh:13> WorkGroup='/BLAdmins Jobs/Recommended Scheduled Jobs/Work'

if [[ $(blcli JobGroup groupExists "$WorkGroup") == "false" ]]

then

WorkGroupID=$(blcli JobGroup createGroupWithParentName "$ParentGroup" "Work")

fi

+run_updates.nsh:14> [[+run_updates.nsh:1> blcli JobGroup groupExists '/BLAdmins Jobs/Recommended Scheduled Jobs/Work'

+run_updates.nsh:14> [[ false == false ]]

+run_updates.nsh:16> WorkGroupID=+run_updates.nsh:1> blcli JobGroup createGroupWithParentName '/BLAdmins Jobs/Recommended Scheduled     Jobs' Work

+run_updates.nsh:16> WorkGroupID='Command execution failed.  Invalid qualified group name : Work'

Any suggestions why it fails?

Thanks!

Kai

• 1. Re: Trying to create BL folder in an nsh script. Fails with "Invalid qualified group name : Work"
          Bill Robinson

first you should stop using FOO=`blcli blah`. the performance commands (blcli_execute) are faster.  that isn't directly related to your problem though.  your problem is you have given the args in the wrong order.  createGroupWithParentName takes the args grouptocreate parentgroup.  you have them flipped:

blcli_execute JobGroup groupExists "${ParentGroup}"

blcli_storeenv groupExists

if [[ "${groupExists}" = "false" ]]

then

exit

fi

WorkGroup="${ParentGroup}/Work"

blcli_execute JobGroup groupExists "${WorkGroup}"

blcli_storeenv groupExists

if [[ "${groupExists}" = "false" ]]

then

blcli_execute JobGroup createGroupWithParentName "Work" "${ParentGroup}"

blcli_storeenv groupId

fi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Trying to create BL folder in an nsh script. Fails with "Invalid qualified group name : Work"
            Kai Hintze

Laughs! I knew it was something stupid I was looking right past. Re-reading the manual I see that swapping the order is precisely what I missed. Thanks!

I was also looking at the performance commands today. I had seen blcli_execute in some samples I was trying to learn from, and saw the Performance Commands page when I was looking for the difference between blcli and blcli_execute. I'll go back to another script that runs but has blcli in a loop and see if I can't get that to work with blcli_execute. I'll probably post some questions about that tomorrow. (smile)

Kai