1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 5:29 AM by Sayan Roy

JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused

Sayan Roy

Hi,

I am trying to add Notepad ++ installer in the a newly created Depot folder in the BSA console, logged in as BLAadmin. I select New->Software->Custom Software and in Select Installable Sources I select the exe file of Notepad++ from the browsed path and select the radio button "Upload source to File server", then Add Depot Software and then Finish. I get an error dailogue box saying JNI file exists : Connection failed.

I dont understand the cause of the error and how to resolve this. Please help.

Sayan.

• 1. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
          Jim Wilson

Discussion successfully moved from  BMC Customer Support Community to Server Automation

• 2. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
            Rajesh Kumar

Have you tried to upload to any other location?

• 3. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
              Sayan Roy

Yes, I tried in another Depot folder too and with other software exe file too. It gives same error.

• 4. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                Sayan Roy

Rajesh Kumar When the Select Installable Sources dailogue box appears, if I select Refer to source at its current location radio button and in the Source Location field I enter paths to the installable source files, insert ??TARGET.NAME?? as a parameter representing the type of mount/map (entering a source location using a URL); the software gets successfully added to the Depot folder. But the respective Deploy job for that fails. Even if I do Execute Against Failed Targets the job fails.

The log message in the failed job are as follows:

1. "The job 'Notepad plus deployment' has failed"

2. "java.io.IOException: JNI file copy from '/E/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/tmp/application_server/bldeploy_6f9b6da9-6c56-42b3-83a6-fdf5e0f77dd2.xml' to '//CLM41BFSQA/E/BL_Storage/blpackages/cb017f6c-16a1-4f62-8ee6-ac02a2b407e0/bldeploy.xml' failed: : Connection refused"

• 5. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                  Rajesh Kumar

Is the server “CLM41BFSQA” active in BL? Are you able to Push ACLs to this server?. This error is likely that you get connection refused error while deploying the package and not while creating the package. Check the following:

1.    Is BladeLogic service running in the CLM41BFSQA server?

2.    Is port 4750 open from Appserver to this server?

• 6. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                    Sayan Roy

Actually CLM41BFSQA is my Appserver. Yes it is active in BL. And the Bladelogice service is also running.

I am able to push ACLs to this server to successfully. Following are the entries in the users file:

#

# This file was automatically generated by the Configuration Manager RBAC console.

# Any changes to this file will be lost upon the next update by the RBAC

# console. Local changes should be made in the users.local file

#

# The special characters listed below get automatically encoded. For example,

# "Configuration Manager Administrator" becomes "Configuration%20Manager%20Administrator".

# '%' --> %25

# ',' --> %2c

# ':' --> %3a

# '#' --> %23

# ' ' --> %20

# TAB --> %09

#

# Date created: Wed Jun 01 12:06:38 IST 2016

# Created by BLAdmins:BLAdmin from Application Server CLM41BSAQA running on host CLM41BSAQA

# BLAdmins ACLs

BLAdmins:BLAdmin rw,map=Administrator

BLAdmins:BLGuest rw,map=Administrator

# NSH-only ACLs

BLAdmin         rw,map=Administrator

BLGuest         rw,map=Administrator

nouser

In the commit stage the Deploy Job is failing.

• 8. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                      Sayan Roy
                      Error06/01/2016 11:47:08The job 'Deployement of Notepad plus' has failed
                      Info06/01/2016 11:47:07Executing work item Deploy Apply Job (Post-Execute):Deployement of Notepad plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  on application server: CLM41BSAQA
                      Info06/01/2016 11:47:00Executing work item Deploy Apply Job (Pre-Execute):Deployement of Notepad plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  on application server: CLM41BSAQA
                      Info06/01/2016 11:46:52Executing work item Deploy Dry Run Job (Post-Execute):Deployement of Notepad plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  on application server: CLM41BSAQA
                      Info06/01/2016 11:46:45Executing work item Deploy Dry Run Job (Pre-Execute):Deployement of Notepad plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  on application server: CLM41BSAQA
                      Info06/01/2016 11:46:55Executing work item Deploy Staging Job:Deployement of Notepad plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  on application server: CLM41BSAQA
                      Info06/01/2016 11:46:39Started running the job 'Deployement of Notepad plus' with priority 'NORMAL' on application server 'CLM41BSAQA'(3)
                      • 9. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                        Santhosh Kurimilla

Can you please take a screenshot of the customer software added in Depot? Just wanted to check the Source/Network path.

• 11. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                          Santhosh Kurimilla

Can you please confirm whether it is Direct staging or Indirect (using repeaters)? If Indirect, you need to validate the agent communication on Repeater as well as target server if the error is still Connection refused.

The job logs you pasted is not complete. Please try to Export the job run log and upload here.

• 12. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                            Bill Robinson

can you clarify where this error happens?

- you are creating depot software and during the depot software wizard you get an error creating the depot software object?

- you have successfully created the depot software object w/ your payload and while running the deploy job against some target you get this error ?

can you attach the rscd log from the file server (CLM41BSAQA) from when this problem happens ?   so we should have a log that shows:

"java.io.IOException: JNI file copy from '/E/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/tmp/application_server/bldeploy_6f9b6da9-6c56-42b3-83a6-fdf5e0f77dd2.xml' to '//CLM41BFSQA/E/BL_Storage/blpackages/cb017f6c-16a1-4f62-8ee6-ac02a2b407e0/bldeploy.xml' failed: : Connection refused"

w/ some timestamps and a rscd log from the same time.

• 13. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                              Sayan Roy

Hi Santhosh,

It is not using repeaters. I deployed a fresh job with the name "Deployment of Notepad plus plus". Here are the exported job run logs:

Job Name,Run at 06/02/2016 11:39:05

Start Time,06/02/2016 11:39:05

End Time,06/02/2016 11:39:25

Status,Completed with Errors

Participant,Step,Attempt,Date,Type,Message,Item Id,Item Name

run level log,,,06/02/2016 11:39:05,Info,Started running the job 'Deployment of Notepad plus plus' with priority 'NORMAL' on application server 'CLM41BSAQA'(3),,

run level log,,,06/02/2016 11:39:19,Info,Executing work item Deploy Dry Run Job (Pre-Execute):Deployment of Notepad plus plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  on application server: CLM41BSAQA,,

run level log,,,06/02/2016 11:39:24,Info,Executing work item Deploy Dry Run Job (Post-Execute):Deployment of Notepad plus plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  on application server: CLM41BSAQA,,

run level log,,,06/02/2016 11:39:25,Error,The job 'Deployment of Notepad plus plus' has failed,,

10.203.60.136,Simulate,1,06/02/2016 11:39:20,Info,Deploy Dry Run Job (Pre-Execute):Deployment of Notepad plus plus; Server:10.203.60.136;  PkgID:"bea1a34b-c1cc-4ee1-9dc6-5a0d3abf2359-6559.1"; UUID:380ec63e55473c8a8b313018e86920c5,,

10.203.60.136,Simulate,1,06/02/2016 11:39:20,Info,Started running the deploy step job 'Deployment of Notepad plus plus->Deployment of Notepad plus plus' on application server 'blrsfbsasv'(3) against target server '10.203.60.136',,

10.203.60.136,Simulate,1,06/02/2016 11:39:21,Warning,Unable to find/load shared library "iconv64.dll"

Unable to find/load shared library "iconv64.dll"

Unable to find/load shared library "iconv64.dll"

Memory ...: Not enough space

Out of memory in _mem_calloc 8000 bytes (PID = 4048) ...,,

10.203.60.136,Simulate,1,06/02/2016 11:39:25,Error,DRYRUN failed for server 10.203.60.136. Exit code = 1,,

10.203.60.136,Simulate,1,06/02/2016 11:39:25,Error,Deployment of Notepad plus plus->Deployment of Notepad plus plus failed on server 10.203.60.136 exit code = 1,,

10.203.60.136,Simulate,1,06/02/2016 11:39:25,Info,The job 'Deployment of Notepad plus plus->Deployment of Notepad plus plus' has failed on server 10.203.60.136,,

Is it some issue with my target server where i want to deploy Notepad ++?

Best,

Sayan.

• 14. Re: JNI fileExists error while adding software to depot, connection refused
                                Sayan Roy

Hello Bill,

Initially I was getting while creating depot software and during the depot software wizard you get this particular error creating the depot software object. However i figured it out there was some connectivity issues with my fileserver after which the error got resolved during depot software object creation. I could successfully add the exe file in the deport folder. In the software properties panel I gave:

Install command: "??SOURCE??" /S /D=C:\Program Files\Notepad++

Uninstall command: "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\Uninstall.exe" /S

But when I deploy job from this depot software object, the job fails.

Best,

Sayan

1 2 Previous Next