1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 5:43 AM by Attachment Scanner

ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server

Share This:

Hello Team,

We are getting error as,

"ARERR [8760] Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System Plug-In server: --------: Miscellaneous tli error - System error (Connection refused)".

We have followed these KB's.

=================

https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=kA214000000d0EBCAY&type=Solution

https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=kA214000000cveMCAQ&type=Solution

https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=kA214000000cvAICAY&type=Solution

https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=kA214000000d0h1CAA&type=Solution

=================

we have tried making changes with the help of above KB's .

Post changes and server restart, we are still getting the same error.

Apart from this, post server restart we got error in Putty Shell. PFA the files for the same.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

--Naveena

• 1. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
          LJ LongWing

Ok...so, obviously

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /remedy-app/ARSystem/db/arjavaplugin.log (Permission denied)

Does the user that is starting Remedy have permission to create/update files in the folder in question?

Now...beyond that....the two files are talking about two entirely different things....server1 is an error from some file dictating an error with writing the java plugin log file....the second file labeled server 2 is appears to be an attempt to start the C Plugin server, and some related errors.....

So, the main question about your initial post "Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System Plug-In server"...the question I have is...which plugin server is it having trouble connecting to...the Java or the C?....which plugin is being called...is it a Java plugin or a C Plugin?....will certainly need more information to try and help you out.

• 2. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server

Hello Lj,

We have overcome the permission issue. So now, "ava.io.FileNotFoundException: /remedy-app/ARSystem/db/arjavaplugin.log (Permission denied)" error is not coming.

But we are still facing "Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System Plug-In server" Java Plugin error.

Please help us to resolve this issue.

---Naveena

• 3. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
              Chetan Bhadane

share pluginsvr_config.xml , ar.cfg, armonitor.log and armonitor.cfg file for investigation.

• 5. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
                Chetan Bhadane

Sorry I forget to mention arerror.log file.

Please do attach.

• 6. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server

Hello Core,

It is attached to this original post.

--Naveena

• 7. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
                    LJ LongWing

Ok...so, have you identified, via filter logging which plugin it's trying to access?...and the arjavaplugin.log (stdout and stderr) as well might be helpful for troubleshooting.

• 8. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
                      LJ LongWing

Naveena,

Looking in your armonitor.conf file, I only see one plugin server being started

/remedy-app/Java/jdk1.6.0_37/jre/bin/java -Xmx1024m -classpath /remedy-app/ARSystem/pluginsvr:/remedy-app/ARSystem/pluginsvr/arpluginsvr7604_build002.jar com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.ARPluginServerMain -x serverName -i /remedy-app/ARSystem

This seems to be your 'main' plugin server.  It seems to be the one running on port 9081 and is responsible for the following plugins

ARSYS.ALRT.WEBSERVICE

ARSYS.ARDBC.ARREPORTENGINE

ARSYS.ARDBC.REGISTRY

ARSYS.ARF.QUERYPARSER

ARSYS.ARF.REGISTRY

ARSYS.ARF.WEBSERVICE

BMC.REMEDY.ITSM.CHG.FILTER

NextId

REMEDY.ARDBC.APPQUERY

REMEDY.ARF.CAI

REMEDY.ARF.CBDATA

REMEDY.ARF.ITSMUtil

RMDY.ITSM.ARL

RMDY.ITSM.ASSET.SOFTWAREUSAGE

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.DOCSMIGRATION

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.FILESYSTEM

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.FORMPERMISSIONS

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.FS.KAM.SYNC

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.GROUP

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.LOGLEVEL.CHANGE

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.REGISTRATION

RMDY.ITSM.RKM.UPDATEKAMMAPPINGS

RMDY.ITSM.RLE

All of which seem to be at a minimum in the pluginsvr_config file you provided...

Now...your ar.conf file mentions the following java plugins that should be running on port 9556

BMC.ARDBC.ATRIUM.API

BMC.ARDBC.ATRIUM.NGIE

BMC.ARDBC.DEPRECATION.PLUGIN

BMC.FILTERAPI.EVENT_ENGINE

BMC.FILTERAPI.NOE

DSM.FILTER

Assuming (and this is a big assumption) that Linux does things the same as Windows, and calls all of the java plugin servers directly in the armonitor.conf file, not through one of the .sh scripts that you have in there....the plugin server that is configured to run the second set of plugins I mention isn't being started, and may be the cause of your problems.  Looking in the armonitor.conf file the only java plugin server I see commented out is the FTS one

#/remedy-app/Java/jdk1.6.0_37/jre/bin/java -Xmx2048m -classpath /remedy-app/ARSystem/pluginsvr/fts:/remedy-app/ARSystem/pluginsvr:/remedy-app/ARSystem/pluginsvr/arpluginsvr7604_build002.jar: com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.ARPluginServerMain -x serverName -i /remedy-app/ARSystem -m

but that's not going to be your problem.....so, I would recommend trying to figure out where your missing line went....you should have another pluginsvr_config.xml file on your server that references the above plugins, and it may be as simple as adding the proper line to your armonitor.conf file to get it started properly....

I see you provided files from a test server...do you have another environment in your ecosystem that you can compare files with?

• 9. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
                        Mark Walters

All of the above plugins listed as running on port 9556 are Atrium plugins and will be run by the plugin server started by this shell script;

#/remedy-app/AtriumCore/cmdb/server/bin/atriumplugin.sh

note that it's commented out in the armonitor.conf - you need to remove the # at the beginning of the line and restart the Remedy services.

Mark

• 10. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
                          LJ LongWing

See....I told you it was a bold (and possibly incorrect) assumption that the plugin server would be started in the armonitor.conf file ...it would make sense that they would start atrium plugins in a script named atriumplugin.sh....but I'm not entirely sure why they wouldn't start it the same way as the others...but that's a different topic altogether

• 11. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server

Hello All,

As guided, we have tried making changes in armonitor.conf file. Post

server restart we are getting below error in Putty Shell.

We have compared armonitor.conf file in both dev and test environment. But

there are no such changes observed as recommended.

PFA the armonitor.conf file of dev environment where we do not have the

same issue.

Error in Putty Shell:

390695 : An error has occurred while loading a plug-in. (ARERR 8756)

ardbcconf.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or

directory

Plugin  Version: 7.4.00. Build Date : April 01 2010

IBRSD Policy Plugin

(4151715520) 20160525 112221.872611 INFO: IIAPI:  BMC-IDK012016I: Starting

up....

(4151715520) 20160525 112221.874274 WARNING: IIAPI:  BMC-IDK012282W: The

module in file ../src/BiiARSSmNewPolicy.cpp has not been registered

properly. Please call bmcii_Ltrace_register.

---Naveena

• 12. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
                              LJ LongWing

that's an odd error, only because I know you are on a Unix/Linux server, so none of the plugins should be looking for a dll file....AND, I don't know BMC plugins, so I'll need to rely on Mark Walters, or some other BMC educated person to help with that problem

• 13. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server
                                Mark Walters

You're using Linux so this error means you have an invalid Plugin: reference in your ar.conf

ardbcconf.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it should be ardbcconf.so.

I'll have to check with one of the BPPM team about the other error but it may be that it can be ignored.

Mark

• 14. Re: ARERR 8760 - Connection Refused in Remedy Server

Hello All,

Sorry for the late update.

We have tried making changes as suggested by BMC KB's, but still issue is not resolved.

We have verified with Unix team about Server Name and Server Alias Name in host file of server and those are same.

As per earlier suggestions, we need to test by adding C Plugin in armonitor.conf file. Could you

please help us to know how to add C plugin in armonitor.conf file.

--Naveena

1 2 Previous Next