1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2020 9:35 AM by Lyndsay Hoverson

error trying to find system form

Pramod Devkate
      Share This:

Hi Experts,

I have installed Remedy 9.1 and while staring service it show error in arerror.log as -

error trying to find system form,

Any idea what form it is trying to find?

Thanks,

Pramod

• 1. Re: error trying to find system form

Hi,

Can you share the arerror log files to look the issue?

Thanks,

Bala

• 2. Re: error trying to find system form
            Pramod Devkate

Hi Bala,

Please below logs-

Tue May 10 21:50:21.909 2016 Error trying to find a system form.

Tue May 10 21:50:36.268 2016 Error trying to find a system form.

Tue May 10 21:50:38.053 2016 Error encountered in bundle: com.bmc.arsys.messaging

Tue May 10 21:50:38.066 2016 Application context refresh failed (OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.bmc.arsys.messaging, config=bundleentry://160.fwk1975358023/OSGI-INF/blueprint/application_context.xml))

Tue May 10 21:50:38.188 2016 Unable to create application context for [com.bmc.arsys.messaging], unsatisfied dependencies: none

Tue May 10 21:50:38.466 2016 Stopserver.await: accept

Tue May 10 21:50:38.622 2016 TID 55 initTransport  Normal ARServer shutdown process Initiated.

Tue May 10 21:52:20.358 2016 Error trying to find a system form.

Tue May 10 21:52:37.289 2016 Error trying to find a system form.

Tue May 10 21:52:38.322 2016 Error encountered in bundle: com.bmc.arsys.messaging

Tue May 10 21:52:38.331 2016 Application context refresh failed (OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.bmc.arsys.messaging, config=bundleentry://160.fwk1975358023/OSGI-INF/blueprint/application_context.xml))

Tue May 10 21:52:38.374 2016 Unable to create application context for [com.bmc.arsys.messaging], unsatisfied dependencies: none

Tue May 10 21:52:38.564 2016 Stopserver.await: accept

Tue May 10 21:52:38.690 2016 TID 54 initTransport  Normal ARServer shutdown process Initiated.

Thu May 12 05:35:17.541 2016 Error trying to find a system form.

Thu May 12 05:35:34.256 2016 Error trying to find a system form.

Thu May 12 05:35:34.968 2016 Error encountered in bundle: com.bmc.arsys.messaging

Thu May 12 05:35:34.977 2016 Application context refresh failed (OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.bmc.arsys.messaging, config=bundleentry://160.fwk1975358023/OSGI-INF/blueprint/application_context.xml))

Thu May 12 05:35:35.006 2016 Unable to create application context for [com.bmc.arsys.messaging], unsatisfied dependencies: none

Thu May 12 05:35:35.143 2016 Stopserver.await: accept

Thu May 12 05:35:35.175 2016 TID 55 initTransport  Normal ARServer shutdown process Initiated.

• 3. Re: error trying to find system form
              Pramod Devkate

service show status as Starting ....for few minutes and then it stops automatically

• 4. Re: error trying to find system form
                Mohammad Rehman

Have you turn on the log and run the server in debug mode and see where the problem lies.

Might be installation did not go through proper and something failed underneath especially SQL related errors.

• 5. Re: error trying to find system form
                  Ganesh Gore

It seems few system forms do not exist on the server.

You can verify and reimport all the system forms again.

You will def files here \\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\Arserver\systemforms\en

• 6. Re: error trying to find system form
                    Pramod Devkate

Hi Ganesh,

Is there a way to import def without dev studio? Remedy is not up, While starting services it's showing this error.

Thanks,

Pramod

• 7. Re: error trying to find system form
                      LJ LongWing

Pramod,

Yes, there are ways to import without using Dev Studio, but if the reason you don't want to use Dev Studio is that Remedy is down and you can't get logged in, neither will any other tool.

• 8. Re: error trying to find system form
                        Pramod Devkate

LJ LongWing,

What is the other way to import it? I know in my case I can not import it when Remedy is down.

Thanks,

Pramod

• 9. Re: error trying to find system form
                          Ganesh Gore

Exactly. AR Server should be up and running.

Can you please post arerror, arexception and armonitor logs (upload files as attachments)?

• 10. Re: error trying to find system form
                            LJ LongWing

You could use either Driver or JavaDriver program, or there is an API Level program from Misi Mladoniczky that allows importing of Def files....you could do it directly via the API yourself...there are many ways.  Why are you trying to avoid using Dev Studio?

• 11. Re: error trying to find system form
                              Ganesh Gore

because Server is down (and hence he can not connect to server using any client). He needs to fix that issue first.

• 12. Re: error trying to find system form
                                Pramod Devkate

Now I am going for re installation, And hopefully that will fix this problem. I was asking other ways out of curiosity.

• 13. Re: error trying to find system form

Hi Pramod, Did you get the solution for this error message? Could you plz let us know what is the fix for this issue?

• 14. Re: error trying to find system form
                                    Rodney Harris

I suspect that the error finding system form is not the underlying issue, just a symptom. I've seen this quite a bit with the new java based version of remedy. One issue I had recently was that my ar.cfg became corrupted somehow, it seemed to have been around the time my server was undergoing a Windows patch and reboot cycle (not ideal I know).

I restored my ar.cfg to a previous backup and then found similar errors to the above. I turned off the server group setting in my ar.cfg as my server was standalone and I wanted to stop it from going to the centralised config server I had configured and just use the ar.cfg. Once I did that everything is now starting just find and I'm not in the mood to change anything now that it's working.

I hope this provides some assistance. I am interested in what others have found as far as issues with the new java version has with starting up.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                    1 2 Previous Next