3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 3:32 PM by Bill Robinson

NSH scripting for getting Information

Shubham Mittal

Hello Experts,

I have one requirement to create one NSH Script that will give me information for the following:

• File System Status
      • Daily Health check Automation like Number of alive agents,Not responding agents and new agents.
      • Application server Status.

Please give me your suggestions to do this .

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Shubham Mittal

• 1. Re: NSH scripting for getting Information
          Bill Robinson

file system status of what?  what exactly does that mean ?

this should be part of the health dashboard that's integrated into the product.  what's the purpose of getting this info - you know it's only as good as the last usp run against the target right ?  do you have usp jobs running against all targets every day ?

blcli_execute Profiler getCompleteStatusReport

what are you really trying to accomplish here w/ this random list of items to collect ?

• 2. Re: NSH scripting for getting Information
            Shubham Mittal

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to answer your questions as follows ,

1.I just want to check whether my location of file server is correctly mentioned or not.

2.I am using BSA 8.5 version for windows and there is no concept of health dashboard .I think this feature        came from BSA 8.6 and later versions.

3.I don't have any USP jobs running against target servers.

4.I just want to collect information for the same.So that I want to automate few things which I do manually.

Also,I used that blcli command that you suggested earlier and it is very beneficial for me to collect some information

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Shubham Mittal.

• 3. Re: NSH scripting for getting Information
              Bill Robinson

1.I just want to check whether my location of file server is correctly mentioned or not.

-> the bladelogic file server?  you want to check this where ?  how do you know what is correct ?  why would this ever change ?

2.I am using BSA 8.5 version for windows and there is no concept of health dashboard .I think this feature        came from BSA 8.6 and later versions.

-> and yet: BladeLogic Dashboard 1.4.00 (Service Health and Value)

3.I don't have any USP jobs running against target servers.

-> then what is updating the 'AGENT_STATUS' property value ?

4.I just want to collect information for the same.So that I want to automate few things which I do manually.

-> ok, and do what w/ it ?  look at it every day ?  email people if there's a problem ?