3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 11:39 AM by Sarah Xu

TSI API - How can I add more Details to Events such as Incident Number to be visible?

Karlis Peterson

I want to add additional attributes or meta data to an Event and have them be visible in the Event Details view? Is it possible to add custom attributes such as:

- Incident Number

- Incident Assignee

- Owner / Owner Contact

I would like to see them here (click to enlarge screenshot):

Event_details2.png

Thank you.

KP

• 1. Re: TSI API - How can I add more Details to Events such as Incident Number to be visible?
          Sarah Xu

You could add additional information in two ways:

1. add them as additional fields name/value pair in properties

2. add them as message (note it is different from title)

Your case is probably better to use (1) so in the future you can filter/sort etc base on the field value in the "filter" in Insight page.

Backend is storing the data properly, however UI does not display either of them right now, I've just logged an enhancement.  

• 2. Re: TSI API - How can I add more Details to Events such as Incident Number to be visible?
            Jorge Xifra

Assuming I loaded name/value as pairs, for example Location.

For Example for each events I load it with a particular location

(ex Location=Buenos Aires, Location=New York, etc)

Can I later use a dynamic filter to quickly filter by location?

I mean, If I click on "Insight" I see all the events, but then I can select somewhere "Buenos Aires", and only the events with Location=Buenos Aires are shown.

And the same concept for measurements.

Can I have additional information on each measuremen?  and filter by the extra measurement?

So each measurement can have several attributes (name/value), or also "Dimensions", and then I can filter by a particular value of a selected Dimension..

This would very much like a BI or Datawarehouse tool.

Regards,

Jorge

• 3. Re: TSI API - How can I add more Details to Events such as Incident Number to be visible?
              Sarah Xu

For event, yes, exactly what our mockup looks like for the filter, not yet implemented, high in backlog. In addition, we'd also like to have user to be able to create custom donut on those fields, in this case, a donut that shows 1000 total, 502 from Buernos Aires, 205 from Santa Clara etc.

For measurement, it doesn't have this capability, please talk to Randy Knaub with the use case so PM can prioritize. We could do it couple different ways depending on the use case.