2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 7:26 AM by Yanick Girouard

    BSA 8.5.01 - Daily Windows Patch Analysis job shows no analysis job runs and all patching job runs show as Failed even though they all succeeded

    Yanick Girouard

      We have a daily Windows Patching Job scheduled to run an analysis on all servers at 5PM. The data is transported into the BDSSA database every night and the data is there in the reporting server. However, curiously, when I look at the runs of the job, they all show Red X's, with no child-node, and when I click on the run and click show log, all I see is this:

      Info Apr 12, 2016 5:00:17 PM Starting Patch Analysis job execution
      Error Apr 12, 2016 5:28:44 PM Analysis phase completed with errors.
      Error Apr 12, 2016 5:28:44 PM The job 'SCH-R - Patch - Daily Analysis' has failed

      If I search in the database, in the patching_job_assoc table and get the ID of the analysis job, and then search the job_run_event table for all logs coming from that analysis job, I see all the job run events are there and detailed, however there is no information displayed for that run in the GUI console.


      I can also see all the relashionship for the empty runs in the patching_job_results_assoc table, and the analysis runs corresponding to the patching job run are there, and so are the job_run_events... yet in the GUI, only the parent job run node shows up, and the analysis run that should be underneath is missing.


      I'm seeing this ...


      2016-04-13 11-34-54 AM.png


      Instead of this...


      2016-04-13 11-36-14 AM.png

      I'm using the BLAdmins role to view the results and my current paging size is set to 100, but I tried setting it to 1000 and it's not related.

      If I run the job manually using the BLAdmins role (or another role) I can see the run is complete and contains all the server info and log details.

      We do have a daily cleanup job that runs, but the retention is set to 180 days for all of them. I'm using the HISTORY_ORDR cleanup job mode for all historical jobs with the retention set to 180 and the role set to NULL (to include all roles as per the doc). I don't know if it's an issue with the cleanup job, but clearly something is being broken somewhere...


      We also have other PAJ that are scheduled and they curiously all show the same results, but manual runs are fine...


      I have opened case 00125241 for the issue...