1 of 1 people found this helpful
Maybe you could do through rules? (actions/system settings/application settings/rules)
2 of 2 people found this helpful
HRCM does not have integration with Assignment Engine OOTB like ITSM.
One direction you can use to help you solve this requirement would be to use Solutions.
Solutions in HRCM are also serve as Templates for Case creation.
You can create a Solution for Ireland users and define the Ireland HR Service Center as the Assignment Group in this Solution. Cases that would be submitted using this Solution (as "case Type" by HR agents or thru MyIT when submitted by end users) will be created using the values you defined in the Solution and will be assigned to the Ireland HR Service Center.
You can create a similar Solution with different Support Group assignment to the US.
You should define these Solutions with the appropriate data access using the Site value (Ireland vs US) and so end users will see the relevant Solution in MyIT depending on their location (Site).
Hope this will help.
Thank you for the response Shlomi!
Ironically, this is the situation we are trying to avoid. Mostly because of the amount of service centers that we have. We were hoping to just be able to create one solution per situation and then drive the assignment off of the country that the submitter is located in.
This is something that we also looked at but unfortunately the submitter's country is not stored within COL:CASE:Case.
Wonder if there is a way to push the country into Case? would be a customization....
Definitely post it as an idea; now that BMC owns HR Case, may make more sense to use the built-in assignment engine.
OOB this type of assignment is not possible but you can achieve your use case with small customization and that will be configurable like
"create one solution per situation and then drive the assignment off of the country that the submitter is located in. "
Customization is as follow which you need to do to achieve your use case:
1) Extend the COL:CORE:Group form with one new field for Country and you will be able to configure the assignment group for the country. This new country field will have the menu which will internally pull the data from the COL:CORE:Country form.
2) add one active link on this form to enable/disable the country field on the basis of group type. by default field will be disabled and when you select group type as "Assignment" and Assignment group = "Yes" then enable the country field.
3) Once your are done with step 1st and 2nd then configure the assignment group data against the country.
4) COL:CASE:Case form doesn't have the country field so create the new display only field "zTmp_Country" to hold the submitter/requestor's country( just for the transnational purpose.).
5) open the OOB filter "COL:CASE:CAFM-GE100-SET-Load_Requestor_Data" and extend it for the new temporary country field. "zTmp_Country". (This filter is on the COL:CASE:Case form and populate the requestor's data from the COLCORE:People form on the basis of Requestor which you have selected during case create.) NOTE: Filter name may vary version to version so if you dont find this filter then search with string "Load_Requestor_Data".
6) once you get the country on the temporary field then pull the assignment group info from the COL:CORE:Group form on the basis of country field(new created field in step 1st.). Add the newly created filter in the same Filter guide where we have OOB filter mentioned in the step 5. And also add your filter in the Submit_Record, Data_generator and Build_from_email filter guides as well so that this solution will work for every type of case creation source like from case portal, email integration or from some other source.
7) once you get the assignment group info then your case will be assigned on the basis of country.
Hope this will help you.