1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 12:08 PM by Bill Robinson

Permission Issue faced while running remediate job from BSA

sridhar a.r

Hi Friends ,

I want to do a security fix by running a remediate job. I am able to create and run Discover job and compliance Job successfully

with  a certain Role  named "BLAdmins" whch is mapped to a user id  in unix server named "deploy".

# RBACAdmins ACLs

RBACAdmins:RBACAdmin            rw,map=root

# BLAdmins ACLs

BLAdmins:BLAdmin                rw,map=deploy

But when i try to remediate i am getting the below error.

Error Faced :

03/12/16 22:50:32.879 ERROR    bldeploy - [1][/tmp/stage/libagentrpc.so.1.0] Failed to change the owner for /tmp/stage/libagentrpc.so.1.0 uid 0 gid 0: Operation not permitted

03/12/16 22:50:32.881 ERROR    bldeploy - [1][/tmp/stage/libagentrpc.so.1.0] Apply failed: id = 1

Error during Commit phase of Remediate Job :

Failed to change the owner for /var/tmp/stage/libagentrpc.so.1.0 uid 0 gid 0: Operation not permitted

Files which are about to be patched in the servers are in the below ownership.

$ ls -ltr | grep librpccommon

-rwxr-xr-x   1 deploy  wldeploy 1398044 Jan 25  2013 librpccommon.so.1.0

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          19 Jan 25  2013 librpccommon.so -> librpccommon.so.1.0

I tried to switch the Role from "BLAdmins"  to "RBACAdmins"  but it disables many options like  import on component template,

Disabled  "remediate" option on  Rules View and Server View under the compliance job created.

Please suggest how to overcome this ownership issue