ok, Looking at the appserver logs it seems like the single quote is removed when executing, thereby command looks incomplete.
snippet from log
[Client] Started pid 25872: blquery -h xxxxxx -e reg_value ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version")
This is on version 8.3Sp2
You have that directly in the EO box ? why aren’t you using the native registry object for this ?
Bill Robinson that is where I first started, but I don't see the data in BDSSA under Inventory/Windows/Registry.
I created a part, browsed to a server and selected the registry I wanted to look for in the template. After that using the template I ran a discover and snapshot jobs, followed by ETL. I receive a "No
data available" anytime I add anything under registry. Am I looking at the wrong location?
By default, the data for the following assets is not loaded from the BMC Server Automation database to the reports data warehouse. Additionally, data for these assets is not migrated to BMC Decision Support for Server Automation version 8.7 from earlier releases. Therefore, you cannot see data for these assets in the built-in and ad hoc Inventory reports.
- File System
- .NET Assemblies
To enable the data loading and migration of these assets, you must run the scripts
I found the schema on a different location than what is on the documentation /reports/contents/db/scripts/oracle/schema and have requested for the update to database. I will keep posted once I am able to test after the schema change.
thanks for the help