4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 11:26 AM by Linda Kirkpatrick

Calculating Survey Values FPSCV12

Linda Kirkpatrick
      Share This:

Hi Everyone!

I am curious how you all are calculating the values for a survey.

We have three questions, and each has three potential answers formatted as such:

q1 - How would you rate the communication of this ticket? 

3 - Exceeds Expectations

2 - Met Expectations

1 - Did Not Meet Expectations

q2. - How do you rate the courtesy of your technician

3 - Exceeds Expectations

2 - Met Expectations

q3 - how do you rate the overall response time of your ticket?

3 - Exceeds Expectations

2 - Met Expectations

Right now, if you have a drop down field that includes your values, you cannot perform the math needed in the reports to average the scores.  I have figured out that i probably need to do a business rule to set an integer field, but i'm trying to avoid doing 9 business rules to set those values.  Further, this is a small survey....if i have five questions and ten selections, that would be 50 business rules.

How is everyone handling actually doing math based on the values in your survey? 

• 1. Re: Calculating Survey Values FPSCV12
          Kam Akrami

I've done this many times and YES it involves as many business rules as you think it does.  The saving grace here is that you can copy business rules.  Luckily you only have three choices.  So as you said, 3 questions, 3 choices, you need 9 rules.  Just bite that bullet and make the 9 business rules to set the three integer fields (of course these fields should not appear on the customer form, only the agent form).  Then you need a 10th business rule to calculate the Total Score by adding up all the integer fields and dividing by three.  It shouldn't take too long.  Maybe 15 minutes with a 3x3 survey.

• 2. Re: Calculating Survey Values FPSCV12
            Linda Kirkpatrick

i was afraid of that Kam.  For this piece - " Then you need a 10th business rule to calculate the Total Score by adding up all the integer fields and dividing by three."     - i was actually going to do this as an aggregate value in the report, but do like this approach as well.  THANKS!!

• 3. Re: Calculating Survey Values FPSCV12
              Nicolas Roome

Are you trying to do this for an ex-SDE customer? We used to do this for calculating the survey score and then sending out a notification if the score was below a threshold.

While you can obviously replicate this, what I tend to recommend is we dont score a survey in this method anymore. Instead, if any question is answered with a "Did Not Meet Expectations" then I send a notification.

• 4. Re: Calculating Survey Values FPSCV12
                Linda Kirkpatrick

nope, they are a spiceworks customer.

The thing is that I want them to have the metrics for each question, and average that out across time. This way I can use the overall average score that each assignee gets on each question.  Just because the tool doesnt handle it as cleanly as I like,  i'm not going to back out of a good practice. 

Thanks for your input!  It seems like Business Rules are the way to go, i was hoping someone had some sort of magic bullet to consolidate the logic and prevent 9 rules.