4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 2:33 PM by JAYENDRA SAXENA

Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6

Neal Meagher
      I cant log in with my AD creds. IsDomainAuthEnabled is set to false and I cant change it to true,because my NSH command line is giving me error.

SSO Error:Could bot find credentials in cache file. I deleted the file and tried to run blcred cred -acquire -profile xxx. But fails "requested authentication failed"
      I use NSH proxy for AD mapping. My Secure file looks good.

rscd:port=4750:protocol=5:tls_mode=encryption_only:encryption=tls:

default:port=4750:protocol=5:tls_mode=encryption_only:auth_profile=AD:appserver_protocol=ssoproxy:encryption=tls:

I need a little help.

• 1. Re: Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6
          Bill Robinson

i'm not sure what nsh has to do w/ using blasadmin to configure the appserver.

you are logged into the appserver w/ ssh or rdp and are trying to run the blasadmin commands to configure domain authentication?  and you've setup the blappserv_krb5.conf and blappserv_login.conf ?

• 2. Re: Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6
            Neal Meagher

Type. I meant to say Blasadmin command. I figured out it was the .txt extension copied over with the krb and login files. I changed it to conf. I enabled the files. I am still getting error

SSO Error:Could bot find credentials in cache file. I deleted the file and tried to run blcred cred -acquire -profile xxx. But fails "requested authentication failed"

I am using VM console. I am also getting user authentication failed on my domain users. I can login with SRP.

I created a  role for the automation principal and mapped it to the automation principal. Created a user that I assigned to that role. The user is also the principal ID in the automation principal.

I feel like I am missing something?

• 3. Re: Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6
              Bill Robinson

what does the AP have to do w/ your login issues using domain authentication ?  those are entirely separate.

so when you try and login w/ the gui or blcred, using domain auth to the appserver, what is the error in the appserver log ?

this 'vm console' is what? and what does that have to do w/ this problem ?  is that where you are running the blcred from ?

• 4. Re: Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6
                JAYENDRA SAXENA

Launch NSH from the AppServer, run blasadmin and set isDomainAuthEnabled to True.

If you ahve not setup any authentication Profile ever, you need to do that first.