3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 12:00 PM by Bill Robinson

Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6

Neal Meagher
      I cant log in with my AD creds. IsDomainAuthEnabled is set to false and I cant change it to true,because my NSH command line is giving me error.

SSO Error:Could bot find credentials in cache file. I deleted the file and tried to run blcred cred -acquire -profile xxx. But fails "requested authentication failed"
      I use NSH proxy for AD mapping. My Secure file looks good.

rscd:port=4750:protocol=5:tls_mode=encryption_only:encryption=tls:

default:port=4750:protocol=5:tls_mode=encryption_only:auth_profile=AD:appserver_protocol=ssoproxy:encryption=tls:

I need a little help.

• 1. Re: Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6
          Bill Robinson

i'm not sure what nsh has to do w/ using blasadmin to configure the appserver.

you are logged into the appserver w/ ssh or rdp and are trying to run the blasadmin commands to configure domain authentication?  and you've setup the blappserv_krb5.conf and blappserv_login.conf ?

• 2. Re: Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6
            Neal Meagher

Type. I meant to say Blasadmin command. I figured out it was the .txt extension copied over with the krb and login files. I changed it to conf. I enabled the files. I am still getting error

SSO Error:Could bot find credentials in cache file. I deleted the file and tried to run blcred cred -acquire -profile xxx. But fails "requested authentication failed"

I am using VM console. I am also getting user authentication failed on my domain users. I can login with SRP.

I created a  role for the automation principal and mapped it to the automation principal. Created a user that I assigned to that role. The user is also the principal ID in the automation principal.

I feel like I am missing something?

• 3. Re: Domain Authentication issues with BSA 8.6
              Bill Robinson

what does the AP have to do w/ your login issues using domain authentication ?  those are entirely separate.

so when you try and login w/ the gui or blcred, using domain auth to the appserver, what is the error in the appserver log ?

this 'vm console' is what? and what does that have to do w/ this problem ?  is that where you are running the blcred from ?