5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 8:53 AM by Bill Robinson

Patch analysis file is being copied to incorrect appserver

Naren S

There are 3 job servers Server1, Server2, and Server3 in my environment, among them Server3 is in secure network which doesn't have access to all the agents in the enterprise, but has been used only for provisioning requirement in the secure network. So, I have job execution rules in place so that any jobs executed should go through only Server1, and Server2 which have access to all the agents in the enterprise. Also Server2 has been configured as NSH Proxy server to manage NSH traffic in the environment.

This design works well except patch analysis where analysis results file is being copied from random targets to Server3 which is in secure network, and failing with "Connection timed out" error due to network restrictions. I had thought combination of Job execution rules, and NSH Proxy configuration should address this issue, but it is not.

Error Feb 2, 2016 4:40:41 PM Cannot create analysis results for server: agent1, Error: Cannot copy analysis results file from '//agent1/D/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/RSCD//tmp/WindowsCatalog_2210568_191_agent1/shavlik_results.xml' to '/opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/Server3/shavlik_results_281246ac-08fb-4793-9381-497e08b4efa7.xml' (Caused By: JNI file copy from '//agent1/D/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/RSCD//tmp/WindowsCatalog_2210568_191_agent1/shavlik_results.xml' to '/opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/Server3/shavlik_results_281246ac-08fb-4793-9381-497e08b4efa7.xml' failed: : Connection timed out)

Can someone help if there is any workaround for this issue, or some change in the design would help to overcome this issue.