3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 7:17 AM by Toby Draper

Audit not updating fields in Inventory record

Wayne Sexton
      Share This:

I can manually run an audit on an inventory item and it says it completes successfully, but the fields aren't updated. Any ideas why?

• 1. Re: Audit not updating fields in Inventory record
          Brian Da Silva

Hi Wayne,

If Audit Now shows as "Succeeded" yet nothing appeared to be updated, that usually for 1 of 2 reasons:

- You are out of Audit Licenses. It shows Succeeded even though the merge process may have failed because of that.

OR

- The Audit data merged into another asset. Just because you select particular asset to Audit doesn't necessarily mean that is where the Audit data will end up. The merge process goes through several checks to try and find an existing asset and it may have found a different asset than you expected, especially since you say you have duplicates.

Thanks

Brian Dasilva

• 2. Re: Audit not updating fields in Inventory record
            Wayne Sexton

Thanks for the response. We aren't out of audit licenses and we don't have duplicates. I should have mentioned in my first post that this doesn't happen all the time, so I though there might be something about the record that's preventing it from updating.

• 3. Re: Audit not updating fields in Inventory record
              Toby Draper

Hi Wayne - If you have sufficient Audit Licenses and an On Demand Audit is coming back as "successful" then an audit is taking place.

I would suggest bring the Audit Date column into your view and filtering it so that the most recently audited assets are at the top of the grid. Audit a PC you feel may trigger this scenario and when it completes, refresh the grid. Is the most recently audited record the one that you right clicked on and selected "Audit Now"?