1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 6:48 AM by Bill Robinson

Server Smart Group refresh

James Donohue

This is more of a question/concern rather than a 'How-To'. I have a job that checks Servers that need to be rebooted and sets a Property to TRUE and I have a Patch Analysis and Remediation job. I'm thinking about putting both in a Batch job. I also have a Smart Group that contains all Servers that pass certain tests and do NOT require a Reboot.. And another Smart Group that only contains Servers that require a Reboot. The Remediation job will only run against the Smart Group of Servers that DO NOT require a Reboot.

When I run my Reboot job and check the Smart Group of Servers that need to be rebooted, I have to manually refresh the Group to see all current Server that need to be rebooted and refresh the other Group that contains Server that DO NOT require a reboot.

My questions is: Will the Remediation job hit only the Servers that DO NOT require a reboot or would I have to REFRESH the Smart Groups first, before running the Remediation job? In other words, will they auto-refresh without manual intervention?