- Number of worker threads availability due to high number of jobs running at the time
- Any DB maintenance activities like DB Cleanup, update stats, etc.
- If we have the logs for both job runs, we may have some clue
Also, check with DBA on DB performance during the same timeframe .
After quite a bit of review for 'changes' to :
- BSA setup
- just about everything you can think of
- opening support ticket w/BMC
and we find the solution from a 2005 Post right here...
If you use 'custom ports' in your secure file and a host 'goes away' then expect NSH performance problems. The workings of the ~/rsc/secure file should INCLUDE ERROR messages for this scenario (no error messages that pointed to this issue were found in any logs we reviewed); considering the impact (run times for ALL NSH JOBS will increase significantly) I hope that this will be addressed in a future version of BSA.
what was the ticket # ??