8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2019 5:18 AM by Sylvain Steen

How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed

Saurabh Maheshwari
      Share This:

Hi Experts,

I want to do some modification in closed SRD and put it as online. But as the SRD status is closed, offline/online option is disable. And i am not able to change the status of SRD because status field is ready only. So please let me know how can i change the SRD status from closed to Draft or Deployed.

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards,

• 1. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed
          Carl Wilson

Hi,

a "Closed" record is considered in a "final" state, therefore as you have found there are fields that are locked and you cannot edit the SRD to change the Status.  When the Status on a SRD is changed, there will be certain workflow that updates underlying associated data/records.

In this case, the recommendation is to re-create the SRD.

However, you can explore the possibility of changing the Status Transition Rules and using the "Regular" forms that make up the SRD (Join) to change the Status.

I would not recommend using SQL to update, however you could also explore this but beware that there maybe knock on affects.

Cheers

Carl

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed
            Sumit Singh

Hi Saurabh,

You can achieve this but you've to do it from Database level.

You have to run the Update query on SRD:ServiceRequestDefinition_Base form, as it's the Regular form for the SRD:ServiceRequestDefinition form.

//Sumit Singh

• 3. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed

Hi Saurabh,

Yes you can reopen closed SRD by following steps

1)create new entry SYS:Status transition Rules form

2)now you can move your SRD status from closed to Draft

Status->Closed

3)Now move your SRD status from draft  to request for approval and if any approval are attach approve it then your SRD will be deployed.

And then you can move the status of SRD to deployed

Regards

-Manoj

• 4. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed
                Stefan Telley

Hi Manoj,

we have the same Problem at a customer. I did what you mentioned in this article.... but it is still not working.. I found out, that there is an ActiveLink.. called "SRD:SRD:DisableFields_Status", which set that Status filed to "Read Only", that means, that adding a new record in Service Transition Rule is not enough...

Any suggestions? Can we just disable this ActiveLink?

Thanks Stefan

• 5. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed
                  Carl Wilson

Hi,

where are you attempting to make the Status change, the join or the "base" (SRD:ServiceRequestDefinition_Base) form?

Cheers

Carl

• 6. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed
                    Stefan Telley

Hi Carl,

I tried it in both Forms, but I have the same behaviour on both. At the end , we changed the state directly in SQL... and it seems to work.

But I do not understand, why Default behaviour from BMC workflow blocks this functionality… I didn't find any Workflow, which causing Problems if the State will be set to "Draft" from "Closed"...

Any idea?

Thanks Stefan

• 7. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed
                      Carl Wilson

Hi,

this is because "Closed" is considered a "Final" state for a request, and thus should not be reopened.

This behaviour is present across the ITSM applications and is inline with ITIL principles.

As you have found, there are normally ways to push things back if really required - noting however that you should have an audit trail for this for compliance reasons.

Cheers

Carl

• 8. Re: How to change Closed SRD status to Deployed
                        Sylvain Steen

You can actually modifiy any read-only field easily on any form from the standard interface by using the developer mode (F12) in Internet Explorer as the read-only "block" is often only a client side activelink.

1° Press F12 when in the desired form

2° Select DOM Explorer tab

3° Select the "Select Element" Tool (Ctrl+B)

4° Click in the read-only field you want to modify. This will highlight the html code of this field

5° Double click on " readonly="" in this textarea tag. This will put the text in edit mode, delete it and press enter.

6° Although the field is still gray and menu selection doesn't work, you can now type in it manually and save your form entry. You will have to make sure you type the exact value, of course, otherwise, this will result in filter errors most probably.

This is an example with Company* field in SRD:ServiceRequestDefinition form:

edit_read-only1.jpg

edit_read-only2.jpg

I tested it in various forms in Remedy 9.1.03, but it should also work in previous version. This should probably also work in developer mode of other browsers.

Of course, this will not work if the block is at the filter level too.