1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 7:27 AM by Anushansa Gupta

Issue in BLdeploy Package

Anushansa Gupta

Hi all,

I am facing issue while deploying Bl packages through BSA 8.6.Through this deployment job, I am trying to install the Net Backup client  7.6 as well as Net Back up Patch on the target server.For this , I have created a BL package having all the install able files of Net Back Up .

Job is completed successfully for all (Simulate,stage,commit) , but when I am checking the same on the target server, its not installed.

Please suggest ASAP.

• 1. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
          Santhosh Kurimilla

Does this package requires a reboot of the server to reflect?

Also, please check/upload bldeploy-xxxx.log and bltargetjobmanager-xxx.log under <RSCD_INSTALL_DIR>/Transactions/log from the server.

• 2. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
            Soundappan Shanmugam

Sometimes we make mistake in placing the commands in undo box instead of

the command box in package.

Please do check that as well..

#JustSaying

On Dec 31, 2015 4:50 PM, "Santhosh Kurimilla" <forums@developer.bmc.com>

• 3. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
              Geeta Gokhale

Hi,

Also can you export the blpackage and export here?

are you also adding external command in the blpackage to install these components?

Thanks,

Geeta

• 4. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                Anushansa Gupta

Hi all,

This package doesn't require any reboot of the server.Even though , I have checked after reboot.

Also, I am not adding any external command in the blpackage to install.

Attaching the exported blpackage here is not possible as it's of large size.I am just adding the install able files for the Net Back Up client and no external command is attached.

• 5. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                  Santhosh Kurimilla

As a minimum troubleshooting requirement, please upload bldeploy-xxxx.log under <RSCD_INSTALL_DIR>/Transactions/log from the server. It may not be huge in size. !

• 6. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                    Anushansa Gupta

PFA the bldeploy logs from the target server.

• 7. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                      Davorin Stevanovic

Could you please under phase options untick "Register COM components" and also "unregister COM components on delete" and try running job again as I cannot see error in deploy log but maybe potential problems with registration of COM components. I presume when you install this manually with same user your role is mapped this works?

• 8. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                        Santhosh Kurimilla

By looking at the start and end time of the Commit stage, it seems the installation did not even occur.

12/29/15 18:27:30.296 DEBUG    bldeploy - Full command line C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\RSCD\sbin\bldeploy.exe 818b02fa519936de819a084f8bbb9381 -N=/temp/stage/2abf2beccb203fc4a46654b759894851 -P=172.24.47.12 -Q=params.txt -PKG=NetBackUp_Installer_7.6_32Bit-102845.1 -V2 -RegAllCOM -UnregAllCOM -TreatLockedAsErr -js0 -jr1 -jc0

12/29/15 18:27:30.296 DEBUG    bldeploy - Resetting username size to 4096

12/29/15 18:27:30.296 DEBUG    bldeploy - GetUserNameExA failed for NameUserPrincipal re-attempting GetUserNameA: (1332 No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.)

12/29/15 18:27:30.296 DEBUG    bldeploy - Running as User: BladeLogicRSCD

12/29/15 18:27:32.671 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1.13][C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/VxSetup.ini] setFileTime for /C/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86 after creating /C/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/VxSetup.ini returned 0

12/29/15 18:27:32.671 DEBUG    bldeploy - File C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/VxSetup.ini extension is not dll, exe, or ocx. COM object check is skipped

12/29/15 18:27:32.671 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1.13][C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/VxSetup.ini] Success adding file C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/VxSetup.ini.

12/29/15 18:27:32.687 DEBUG    bldeploy - Package items were processed

12/29/15 18:27:32.687 INFO     bldeploy - Apply Succeeded

As per the below message, it seems your job may require to disable 'Register COM Objects'. Please try running the job with No 'Register COM Objects' option and check the result.

12/29/15 18:27:31.734 DEBUG    bldeploy - Mapped file is not a COM exe

12/29/15 18:27:31.734 DEBUG    bldeploy - File C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/Setup.exe is not COM. No registration made

12/29/15 18:27:31.734 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1.8][C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/Setup.exe] Success adding file C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/Setup.exe.

Capture.JPG

• 9. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                          Anushansa Gupta

Hi,

Even after unchecking both the above options , its not reflecting on the target server.

PFA the recent bl deploy logs after the changes done.

• 10. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                            Santhosh Kurimilla

The COM message is still there:

12/31/15 19:25:12.203 DEBUG    bldeploy - Mapped file is not a COM exe

12/31/15 19:25:12.203 DEBUG    bldeploy - File C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/Setup.exe is not COM. No registration made

12/31/15 19:25:12.203 DEBUG    bldeploy - [1.8][C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/Setup.exe] CopyFileW: SRC=C:\temp\stage\2abf2beccb203fc4a46654b759894851\0200c791915c6ed38a83710771ee7deb14495714530961582961160 DST=C:/tmp/stage/NetBackup 7.6/x86/Setup.exe

Can you please confirm the way you added the installable in the Depot (as Custom Software) and to the BLPackage?

If possible try running the same installer on the server manually and check the result.

• 11. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                              Soundappan Shanmugam

Hey anushansa

if you dont add any external command how will you get the software execute on the target machine?

Please write the command to install the package.else just the package will be copied on the target machine

Santosh she is just copying the file and not executing it on the target machine.

• 12. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                                Santhosh Kurimilla

If the installable is added as Custom Software and with Install command, it should be ok without Pre/Post or external commands.

Also, is the installable built/packaged by any other (Application Packaging) utility?

• 13. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                                  Soundappan Shanmugam

yeah agree to the point, but i dont see in this specificone

can you share the screenshot of the package? and its dependencies associated to it?

• 14. Re: Issue in BLdeploy Package
                                    Anushansa Gupta

Hi Santhosh & Soundappan,

I have created the job using Custom software where the install command is as below:

cd  C:\tmp\stage\NetBackup 7.6\x86

start silentclient.cmd

choice /D y /T 300

del /Q /S /F C:\tmp\stage\*

Please check if this is correct.

When I am running this job with custom software, the job is continuously running without any output.

PFA the screenshot for the job created, let me know if anything is missing?

1 2 Previous Next