4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2016 12:51 PM by Craig Dockter

BladeLogic Portal 2.0 and IE 11 timeouts

Craig Dockter

Thought I'd ask here before opening a ticket, in case it's something simple.

We just installed Portal 2.0 patch 2 (  It works great in Firefox 43.  In IE 11 (version 11.0.9600.18124 to be exact) we experience random but consistent returns to the log in screen with a message that the session has timed out.  This occurs within a minute or less of logging in.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with cookie handling and I've made sure the IE settings are set to accept cookies.

Has anybody else had issues with Portal 2.0 and IE?

• 1. Re: BladeLogic Portal 2.0 and IE 11 timeouts
          Vinayak Dhok

1. You may need to check using  Tools-> F12 Developer Tools and share exactly if any errors or its showing any network latency details.

2. Again use web developer plugin and check for same thing in latest Firefox/chrome.

3. Please, can you help with a. how many roles are available and b. what is max roles assigned to any user. c. bsa version (exact)

Thanks !

• 2. Re: BladeLogic Portal 2.0 and IE 11 timeouts
            Ankit Kharadi

Hi Craig,

• Is the portal 2.0 installed with http or https configuration?
            • Can we also try on Google Chrome and see if the issue persists there as well?

As a last resort you could try the following:

• Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
            • Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
              • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings
            • On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
            • Type KeepAliveTimeout, and then press ENTER.
            • On the Edit menu, click Modify.
            • Type the appropriate time-out value (in milliseconds), and then click OK. For example, to set the time-out value to two minutes, type 120000.
            • Restart Internet Explorer.
            • 3. Re: BladeLogic Portal 2.0 and IE 11 timeouts
              Bill Robinson

Using the compatibility view in ie ?

• 4. Re: BladeLogic Portal 2.0 and IE 11 timeouts
                Craig Dockter

Last week I uninstalled and reinstalled the portal a couple of times with the same results.  I noticed that it would usually be triggered by going to something that used the DCA indexer, like the vulnerability management dashboard or inventory.  I decided to go ahead and try importing some data from BladeLogic in Firefox.  I imported 4 roles and this caused a DCA reindex.  After that was completed we have not had any more issues in either IE or Firefox.

I looked through every log I could find but I didn't see any obvious error messages.  I think it might have been an empty index or a very slightly corrupted index that was repaired by the importing of the roles.  It's strange that it only happened in IE, but I did take Vinayak's suggestion and open the Developer's Tools and it looks like there is a lot of IE specific testing.

Once again, thank you all for the suggestions.