9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 10:53 AM by Hal DeVore

TM ART KM Question

Steve Unegbu

Hi All

Does anyone know how to add a TM ART project to instantiate on TM ART KM seen on PCO.

Much obliged.

Thanks

• 1. Re: TM ART KM Question
          Hal DeVore

Hm... been a very long time since I worked on that...  my recollection is that the KM simply mined things from TM ART Central.  Maybe with some filtering...

--Hal

• 2. Re: TM ART KM Question
            Steve Unegbu

Hi Hal

Thanks for the response. The KM seems to not have the full list of projects on TM ART Central. I have restarted the agent and waited for a period with no change. Is there something that needs to trigger this if indeed it does use data mining?

Thanks 

• 3. Re: TM ART KM Question
              Hal DeVore

Reaching about 10 years back into an aging brain...

There is a discovery process but I think it's just the usual periodic discovery not something that needs to be manually triggered.

Look around for KM commands.  I'm pretty sure we put in a filter or something to allow limiting the Central Projects it pulls in...    Check the doc for the KM, it should say something.  Sorry to be so vague.

What release of TM ART and of the KM?

--Hal

• 4. Re: TM ART KM Question
                Dan Egner

I find that customers that add custom timers to their TM ART monitors are happy with the TM ART KM and customers that do not add custom timers to their TM ART monitors are unhappy with the TM ART KM. Without custom timers the TM ART KM displays very little useful information.

Dan Egner

BMC Software

• 5. Re: TM ART KM Question
                  Hal DeVore

So what proportion of customers don't add custom timers?  My thought is that custom timers provided a user experience measurement as opposed to the "technical transactions" of single pages.

But agree, without custom timers you get some error info and an overall transaction time, iirc.

• 6. Re: TM ART KM Question
                    Steve Unegbu

Both are version 3.9.

The KM Commands under art response data  container are KM Options

Set Response_Time alarm ranges by ART KM

Generate additional PEM  formatted events

Set auto object delete

Also

Update Response_Time Ranges

Do any of these commands make a difference to data updates from Central?

• 7. Re: TM ART KM Question
                      Hal DeVore

Run the KM Options command.  Sorry to do this back and forth but I no longer have the old doc and I don't think it's on the BMC site any longer.

The KM is strictly read-only to TM ART, nothing you do there will change anything on Central.

--Hal

• 8. Re: TM ART KM Question
                        Steve Unegbu

Hi Hal

The command is actually KM Options, from here the KM is configured by ticking either of the following

Set Response_Time alarm ranges by ART KM

Generate additional PEM  formatted events

Set auto object delete

Would ticking all the options ensure everything being read from Central?

• 9. Re: TM ART KM Question
                          Hal DeVore

OK, I'm going to have to chalk this up to faulty memory.  I was certain there was a way to filter which Central Projects were brought in by the KM.  But it appears not.

Changing the options would not alter what is brought in from Central.

That was the only idea I had for the problem, Noah.  Sorry.

--Hal