See here for the latest information: Re: FootPrints Service Core 12 ITSM Database now available!
Since FootPrints 12 was released over a year ago, RjR has been working on a template database to allow implementations of version 12 to be more successful.
In comes the RjR ITSM database for FootPrints. This database was custom built by us to follow many of the ITIL good practices in various processes and comes fully functional for those processes out of the box, or can be configured further to meet the unique needs of each organization. This allows for implementations to be significantly reduced in both time and money, while getting an environment that has been built and tested which means fewer implementation hiccups and gotchas.
The database currently supports the following processes:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Service Request Management
- Change Management
- Service Catalog
- Service Level Management (agreements with notification thresholds on Incident)
- Knowledge Management (public and internal)
- Configuration Management Database (with custom RjR CMDB model)
In addition, the database features the following:
- Incident surveys
- Saved searches, consoles, portals, and system roles pre-configured
- Container roles pre-configured
- Sample category tree
- Base business logic and email notifications
- Pre-configured import packages and CSVs
- Bundled with the RjR ITSM Documentation Tool for FootPrints
- Fully bilingual (English and French)
- Documentation workbook to track all the database configurations and your future modifications
- Planning documentation workbook to allow organizations to better prepare for their FootPrints 12 implementation
- Quick templates
- Custom file logging to rotate daily
If you've heard of ITSM for BMC Remedy, or APM for BMC Service Desk Express, you're familiar with the ease of implementation and successes these databases brought their respective tools. Now with the RjR ITSM database you can get the same success in BMC FootPrints.
For more information, click here: FootPrints Service Core ITSM Database - RjR Innovations
That's it for my sales pitch *puts consultant hat back on*