1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 10:33 AM by Mike Jones

BSA Implementation for Service Provider

Charis Motsios

Dear All,

We have been requested to design a solution for a Service Provider in order to be able to provide patch and compliance activities on several customers as a service from a central installation of BSA in their Domain (Service Provider Domain).In other words they want Admins/Operators from Domain A (Service Provider Domain) to be able to send RSCDagents, patches, compliance checks, configuration checks to other Domains  e.g. Domain B, Domain C, Domain X (Clients) and as outcome to provide reports to their clients for any issue may arise

All these Domains will be with no-trust or federation, isolated networks and different IP schema on each domain (potential IP overlapping in some cases)

The Central installation of BSA will be composed from all components needed such as (Application Servers, Database Server, Repository Server)

BSA components that will be used on Clients' Domains (Domain B, Domain C, Domain X) are SOCKS Proxy, Repeaters and RSCDagents

I would appreciate your response in the below points:

1. Can we use a Central installation of BSA or for each client we need to have a separate installation?
      2. In case of Central installation, how can the servers inventory for each Clients' domain to be divided?
      3. Visibility constraints for servers inventory of each domain can be accomplished?

Searching around communities I didn't find any similar implementation and I am wondering if this is supported from BSA

• 1. Re: BSA Implementation for Service Provider
          Mike Jones
          1. Can we use a Central installation of BSA or for each client we need to have a separate installation?. 

- central BSA installation

1. In case of Central installation, how can the servers inventory for each Clients' domain to be divided ?

- Different RBAC roles per customer

1. Visibility constraints for servers inventory of each domain can be accomplished

- same as above RBAC roles per customer

1 of 1 people found this helpful