11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 11:17 AM by Abhishek Tundalwar

Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing

Abhishek Tundalwar

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy Solaris VM using Template based provisioning method but Bladelogic is not able to start the provisioning throwing below error.

Failed to create package for deploy., Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot decode a string of length '18' since it is not a multiple of 64 (Caused By: Cannot decode a string of length '18' since it is not a multiple of 64)

BSA version 8.5.119

VMware version 5.5

Please help me to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Abhishek

• 1. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
          Bill Robinson

Can you attach the full bldeploy log ?

• 2. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
            Abhishek Tundalwar

Hi Bill,

Thanks for quick reply, it is not creating any bldeploy log, it is failing in 2 sec only and showing below lines on console.

Error10/14/2015 20:45:03Failed to create package for deploy., Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot decode a string of length '18' since it is not a multiple of 64 (Caused By: Cannot decode a string of length '18' since it is not a multiple of 64)
            Error10/14/2015 20:45:03The job 'Soltest' has failed
            Info10/14/2015 20:45:03Starting Virtual Guest Job.

But the RHEL provisioning working fine in same environment.

Regards,

Abhi

• 3. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
              Abhishek Tundalwar

Hi Bill,

When I am removing customize OS option it is working fine, and throwing above error when I check the box of Customize OS, I verified that the VMwaretool is installed on the Template.

Regards,

Abhi

• 4. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
                Bill Robinson

ok, so what's in the os customization ?  anything in the appserver logs when this fails ?

?

• 5. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
                  Abhishek Tundalwar

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your valuable help, when we provision Solaris (Template Base) it is necessary to do not select OS Customization checkbox, this setting is required if you provision server from CLM.

Regards,

Abhi

• 6. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
                    Bill Robinson

yes, so what specifically is customized ?  blcoserver log ?  etc.

• 7. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
                      Abhishek Tundalwar

Actually it is not going to the VC server it is failing at the appserver level and in appserver and jobserver log same lines are there which I mentioned above.

Regards,

Abhi

• 8. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
                        Bill Robinson

can you attach the appserver log and job run log w/ the error so we can see the context ?

• 9. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
                          Abhishek Tundalwar

Hi Bill,

Sorry as i could not send you the logs, I had discussion with Support guys and they told me that the Provisioning of Solaris as target is not supported via clm 4.1.

Regards,

Abhishek

• 10. Re: Solaris 10 Template based provisioning failing
                            Abhishek Tundalwar

Hi Bill,

I found this log for above issue, if I unable the customization tab in VGP I face below issue, I want to perform customisation like hostname change, IP address assignment.

Cannot decode a string of length '18' since it is not a multiple of 64

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot decode a string of length '18' since it is not a multiple of 64

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.shared.util.Encoder.decode(Encoder.java:87)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.value.EncryptedStringBlValueImpl.decryptString(EncryptedStringBlValueImpl.java:81)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.value.EncryptedStringBlValueImpl.parseFromString(EncryptedStringBlValueImpl.java:247)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.typesystem.value.BlValueServiceImpl.createConcreteBlValue(BlValueServiceImpl.java:342)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.asset.generic.GenericAssetFactory.createValue(GenericAssetFactory.java:639)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.depot.blpackage.GenericAssetPackageItemImpl.createValue(GenericAssetPackageItemImpl.java:615)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.depot.blpackage.GenericAssetPackageItemImpl.setXmlPropertyValueAndAttributes(GenericAssetPackageItemImpl.java:1500)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.blpackage.BlXmlParser.endElement(BlXmlParser.java:355)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.blpackage.BlXmlParser.load(BlXmlParser.java:198)

at com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.model.depot.vgp.VGPPlatformSupportBase.updateBlPackageFromVirtualGuestPackage(VGPPlatformSupportBase.java:1177)

at com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.app.service.VirtualGuestPackageServiceImpl.updateBlPackageFromVirtualGuestPackage(VirtualGuestPackageServiceImpl.java:524)

at com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.model.job.createvg.VirtualGuestJobExecutor.updateBlPackage(VirtualGuestJobExecutor.java:320)

at com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.model.job.createvg.VirtualGuestJobExecutor.startJobExecution(VirtualGuestJobExecutor.java:264)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvent(JobExecutor.java:458)

at com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.model.job.createvg.VirtualGuestJobExecutor.processEvent(VirtualGuestJobExecutor.java:608)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvents(JobExecutor.java:312)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:116)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:25)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

at com.bladelogic.om.virtualization.model.job.createvg.VirtualGuestJobExecutor.processEvent(VirtualGuestJobExecutor.java:608)

Regards,

Abhishek