3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 7:43 PM by Bill Robinson

I got many errors when Bladelogic is  trying to get patches from our MS Windows Patch repository (when these are going to be packed into a BLPackage) when I run a patch remediation job...

Pedro José Barbero Iglesias

Hi there guys,

I have recently raised an issue to the support team as follow.... but in meantime I hope someone of you could help us to deal with and find the root cause and solution...

What is the problem or question (What happened, are there any error messages)?

I got many errors when Bladelogic is  trying to get patches from our MS Windows Patch repository (when these are going to be packed into a BLPackage) when we run a patch remediation job...

I mean once a patch analyse job is run, and the results are given...even if you launch manually a remediation job/task or this is created automatically, the packing process fails.... the reason given as part of the log, is that for some reason the packaging process is not able to retrieved those required patches from our local repository location for MS Windows patches.  I have seen how this only happens with some the patches not all of them...

The errors in the RSCD of the local repository is....

BladeLogicRSCD@VMWTBPATCHINP01->T000O0@VMWTBPATCHINP01:PrivilegeMapped (BLAdmins:x099707@AD.PRODUBANES.CORP): CM: access ("D:/Bladelogic/Patching/MS_Windows_2K8_EN_ES/NDP40-KB2446708-x86.exe", 0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

b4cf5e4479fd621ea4d2 0000000727 10/13/15 11:38:50.427 INFO2    rscd -  22.0.5.68 2212 BladeLogicRSCD@VMWTBPATCHINP01->T000O0@VMWTBPATCHINP01:PrivilegeMapped (BLAdmins:x099707@AD.PRODUBANES.CORP): CM: lstat ("D:/", buf) = 0

We have looked for this patch for in the local repository ... so that we can ensure the files exist and they do. We also tried to exclude every patch which fails from the analysis and thus from the remediation... but once one is excluded other ona that already exist in the repository gives another error telling us the same problem (No such file or directory). We also tried to removed them and downloading them back by updating the catalogue again... but the same problem happens.

Attached to issue the error seen when the BLPackage of the remediation artefact is trying to be created by getting the patches from the local repository...

Screenshot_01.png

Screenshot_02.png

As part of my research I have seen how someone have problem with file handler been hold, so I restart the service and even the hole server to avoid any kind of lock. Even an advanced process explorer doesn't fine any of the file descriptors in question hold by any process... so I running out of ideas  to look at..

Describe the problem you encountered compared to your expected outcome?

The expected outcome it will be to be able to get those files or patches without any problem so that they could be packaged into the remediation artefacts even if they are either created automatically or manually.

How can the problem be reproduced?

Always...

What is the impact to your business for this problem? (number and type of users effected, potential loss of revenue, project delay)

This is causing us a project delay.

Regards and thanks in advanced.