1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2016 12:50 AM by Dino Filipovic

Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue

Inderjot Singh
      Share This:

Experts - I am running into a weird issue with a Smart IT 1.2 /ITSM 8.1.00 installation.

There are no Activity notes visible in Smart IT 1.2, while the corresponding work Info entries exist in Mid-tier. These are new records created after the install( Not records that existed before on-boarding)  and it was working as expected until yesterday. Adding additional notes through Smart IT doesn't work. The notes make it to Work Info form but disappear in Smart IT. I don't see anything that strikes me as relevant in ux/social logs. Not sure how to go about troubleshooting it . Any ideas?

midtier.JPG

smart12.JPG

• 1. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
          Inderjot Singh

I think I found the root cause , I had updated the SHR:SHR_keystore yesterday to use the load balanced server name instead of the Smart IT primary cluster server-name for the outgoing notification to be reflected correctly. I rolled back the change and it looks like things are behaving as expected.

What gave me the clue was the connection refused error messages in arjavaplugin.log:

com.bmc.remedy.itsm.SocialCloud.plugin.SocialCloudWorkerThread (SocialCloudWorkerThread.java:372) - SocialEventManager ERROR - IOException for event GUID AGGAA5V0G0R22ANUU0N3JMOKHKOF1G : Connection refused

2015-09-17 14:06:49,498 ERROR [pool-8-thread-4] com.bmc.remedy.itsm.SocialCloud.plugin.SocialCloudWorkerThread (SocialCloudWorkerThread.java:373) - java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:618)

at com.bmc.remedy.cai.restful.ws.SelfsignedtSSLHostSocketFactory.createSocket(SelfsignedtSSLHostSocketFactory.java:121)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:707)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:387)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)

at com.bmc.remedy.itsm.SocialCloud.plugin.SocialCloudWorkerThread.executeREST(SocialCloudWorkerThread.java:342)

at com.bmc.remedy.itsm.SocialCloud.plugin.SocialCloudWorkerThread.run(SocialCloudWorkerThread.java:254)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
            Evan Ruble

Ran into the same issue after upgrading.  The installer found an old port number during the upgrade, and put an invalid value in the server field.  Your suggestion worked like a charm! ^_^

-ER

• 3. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
              Roshan Shinde

Hi Inderjot Singh

We are getting the same issue in our MyIT 3.0.01 environment.

In the SHR:SHR_Keystore form, the hostname field has value something like below :

http://myitapplicationserverhostname.FQDN:9000

Is the above format appropriate for the hostname field ?

Moreover, the actual URL to access MyIT application is going to be http://myit.companyname.com/ux/myitapp where we have made the DNS entry mapping myitapplicationserverhostname.FQDN -> myit.companyname.com

How is the Hostname field configured in your environment ?

Regards,

Roshan.

• 4. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
                Inderjot Singh

You can updated the tomcat < external-conf < connect.properties file to point connect.arsystem.hostName  to your load balanced hostname.

Make sure this value lines up to SHR:SHR_keystore value and api token values matchup. Also, you might need to create a new persistant keystore entry in MY IT application config to point to your load balanced name.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
                  Rahul Priyadarshy

We faced Similar issue on 9.0.

We did Changes in - Form SHR:SHR_keystore with LB name

And also updated ar/tomcat 8.0/external-conf/connect.properties  file with ARS LB name.

Regards

RP

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue

Hello, I have the same problem but we don't have LB between Server 1 (BMC Remedy 8.1.) and Server 2 (MyIT / Smart IT).

I have updated SHR:SHR_KeyStore as following:

After that i restarted Apache Tomcat but nothing happens on existing Incident?

• 7. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue

Hello Rhaul,

what did you update in /tomcat 8.0/external-conf/connect.properties?

Which section?

• 8. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
                        Rahul Priyadarshy

In Connect.properties file do you see

ITSM Server Connect name, Port, User ID and Password.

What are the current values in Connect.Properties file.

Regards

RP

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
                          Rahul Priyadarshy

also from your screenshot i see smartit port is 80 which is not correct i think.

Regards

RP

• 10. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue

It is port 80 because of our network guys We changed it on dev last week.

Best regards,

Dino

• 11. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
                              Rahul Priyadarshy

ok...got it

Regards

RP

• 12. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue

This are data of Tomcat server:

I bolded everything that I think that I need to change on my Tomcat file.

We have two servers, first is for BMC Remedy and second for Smart IT / My IT. This is tomact server from BMC Smart IT / My IT server.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Social connection settings

social.server.protocol = http

social.server.host = localhost

social.server.port = 9001

social.user.autocreate = false

#smtp.host=myhost

#smtp.port=24

#smtp.account=me

#smtp.pwd=thepwd

# An interval of updating of quick pick information in all SRDs.

# The value is to be more then 60 seconds, otherwise the poller will not be started.

# Use 0 to switch off the poller.

# Take into account a time needed for update calls, >10 seconds.

#

#domain.name=

#

# Change parameters to configure Service Subscription Poller.

# Please note there should be exactly one Poller thread per MyIT cluster

# So make sure to check other nodes while changing this settings.

#

serviceSubscriptionsPollEnabled = true

serviceSubscriptionsPollStartDelaySeconds = false

serviceSubscriptionsPollStartDelaySeconds = 0

serviceSubscriptionsPollIntervalSeconds = 30

########### MyIT backend jobs ############

# Global Search incremental indexing, period and delay in ms

# 2 mins

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.globalsearch.index.IndexWriterService.updateAll.PERIOD = 120000

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.globalsearch.index.IndexWriterService.updateAll.DELAY = 120000

# Global Search full indexing, period and delay in ms

#8 hours 22 mins

#Note : Do not set IndexWriterService.indexAll.DELAY bigger than "IndexWriterService.updateAll.DELAY"

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.globalsearch.index.IndexWriterService.indexAll.PERIOD = 29120000

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.globalsearch.index.IndexWriterService.indexAll.DELAY = 0

# Update QuickPick Popular SRDs, period in ms

# Every 1 hour updates srds by quick pick information.

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.assistance.QuickPickPreferencesService.updateQuickPickPopularSrds.PERIOD = 3600000

# Update status of external Services, period in ms

# every 60 seconds

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.services.ServiceAvailabilityService.refreshExternalServiceStatuses.PERIOD = 60000

# Update subscriptions, period in ms

# every 120 minutes with delay 60 mins in order for social sync tasks to complete

# WARNING: This job is time and memory consuming, don't schedule it to execute too often

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.services.ServiceAvailabilityService.updateAllSubscriptions.PERIOD = 7200000

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.services.ServiceAvailabilityService.updateAllSubscriptions.DELAY = 3600000

# Approvals Notifier, period and delay in ms

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.assistance.NotificationPoller.DELAY = 0

com.bmc.bsm.myit.service.assistance.NotificationPoller.PERIOD = 300000

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Cluster of servers

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Use this property in cluster configuration. Set to true to indicate this server is master, set to false otherwise.

# Only one (exactly one) server can be master in cluster, others have to be set to false.

# Master server would run all the backend background jobs.

# Note if this property is absent then server is considered master. This is for backward compatibility with non-cluster

# single server envs where the only server is a master one by definition.

#master.server=false

#master.server=true

#Saas parameter could have two possible values true/false, it controls ability to change provider settings in Admin console

#true: providers settings modification through the Admin console will be prohibited

#default value: false

saas = false

#MyIT server host and port, this is required for Chatter integration

myit.server.host = bmcmyit-dev.domain2.local

myit.server.port = 9000

#MyIT API key authentication, this is required for Event Manager Plugin and for Appzone integration.

admin.console.url = @admin.console.url@

chat.server.cm.host = bmcitsmmt-dev.domain.local // Do I need to change this data?

chat.server.client.port = 5222 // And this?

chat.server.admin.login = admin

chat.server.admin.password = ###

chat.server.groupChatService = conference

chat.server.admin.pool.size = 6

chat.server.boshUrl = http://bmcmyit-dev.domain2.local:7070/http-bind/

chat.server.domain = bmcmyit-dev.domain2.local

api.token.### = ###

• 13. Re: Smart IT 1.2 Activity/Worklog issue
                                  Rahul Priyadarshy

i think this is for CHAT...I Dont see what i was looking for.

At this moment , in this project we dont have MY IT so that cant check the conf file at my end.

let me see if i can can set from some other environments.

Regards

RP

1 2 Previous Next