1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 8:48 PM by Bill Robinson

Passing parameters from one job to another in a Batch file

James Donohue

I have a batch job that does the following in sequence:

1. Bl Package: Deletes 'Extended Object scripts' from the target Server's CT folder
      2. Discovery Job: Runs Discovery
      3. NSH script (type 1): Deletes the $HOST Component(s) from the Template

I have to explicitly create variables for the Component Template Group and Name within the script. Which means, every time I need to execute this job in a Batch file, I'll need to change the variable to match the Components I'm looking to delete. My question is:

Is there a better way to define these variables in the 'Master' Batch Job and have the NSH script pick them up? This way I could use the one script in whatever Batch Jobs I need it.

This is the dirty version (still cleaning it up):

blcli_setjvmoption -Dcom.bladelogic.cli.execute.quietmode.enabled=true

echo $HOST

CT_Group="/Applications/GWMT/GWMT Server Infrastructure/Windows/7. Special Purpose Configuration(SPC)"

CT_Name="7.1 SPC-INF MSPTool-Hotfix Configuration"

blcli_execute Template getDBKeyByGroupAndName "$CT_Group" "$CT_Name" > Nul

blcli_storeenv templatekey

echo "Template key: $templatekey"

SERVER1_ID=`blcli Server getServerIdByName $HOST` > Nul

echo "Server ID is: $SERVER1_ID"

#COMPONENT_KEY=`blcli Component getComponentKeyByTemplateKeyAndServerId $templatekey $SERVER1_ID 0` 

blcli_execute Component getComponentKeyByTemplateKeyAndServerId $templatekey $SERVER1_ID 0 >/dev/null

if test $? -ne 0

echo "Component Key is NOT found"

blcli_storeenv COMPONENT_KEY

echo "Component Key is: $COMPONENT_KEY"

echo "$COMPONENT_KEY"

blcli_execute Component deleteComponentByDBKey $COMPONENT_KEY 

if test $? -ne 0

echo "Failed to delete Component!"

echo "Successful: Component for '$CT_Name' has been deleted for $HOST"

• 1. Re: Passing parameters from one job to another in a Batch file
          Bill Robinson

first i'd make sure you are using blcli_execute for everything, includeing the getServerIdByName call...

what does 'Deletes 'Extended Object scripts' from the target Server's CT folder' ?   what is a 'target server's ct folder' ?  and why do you need a blpackage to do this ?

why are you running discovery (to create/validate the components) and then deleting them ?

why not do the whole thing in a single nsh script ?