3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2015 4:54 AM by Ashish Vijay

Error while starting Service of Appserver

Shubham Mittal

Hi,

I have faced that error many time while i start service of application server . I have attached error and logs of appserver.Please find attachments.

Thanks,

Shubham Mittal

• 1. Re: Error while starting Service of Appserver
          Ashish Vijay

You were not able to start it due to permission issue on File Server

[11 Sep 2015 14:27:21,647] [main] [INFO] [::] [] Cleaning up file server temp directory: //M0455/C/BSA_FS/tmp/m0554

[11 Sep 2015 14:27:21,657] [main] [WARN] [::] [] unable to clean up the file server temp directory!

java.io.IOException: JNI file delete of '//M0455/C/BSA_FS/tmp/m0554' failed: : Permission denied

[11 Sep 2015 14:27:21,664] [main] [ERROR] [::] [] Error installing to Start: name=bladelogic.service.FileManagerService state=Create

com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.ServiceInitializationException: File Manager Service startup failed : java.io.IOException: JNI file delete of '//M0455/C/BSA_FS/tmp/m0554' failed: : Permission denied

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.file.FileManagerServiceImpl.start(FileManagerServiceImpl.java:193)

Please check required permission on //M0455/C/BSA_FS/tmp/m0554 and provide it if not available. Provide required permission and restart server. It should work.

• 2. Re: Error while starting Service of Appserver
            Shubham Mittal

Hi Ashish,

How to check required permission on //M0455/C/BSA_FS/tmp/m0554?

• 3. Re: Error while starting Service of Appserver
              Ashish Vijay

Just check if user by which you are starting app server have permission to access files and Dirs of path you mentioned. You can try to create some file into this dir by login with that user on File Server M0455.

You can also try to change file server to some other path on same server. and also give permission RW to user on that dir