3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 4:33 AM by Mike Jones

Server Automation help

Edgar Lima

Good day.

I must run Cleaning up database on bladelogic Server Automation.
      I need to know if it is possible to measure or monitor which jobs that are consuming the most resources in BladeLogic ?

• 1. Re: Server Automation help
          Yanick Girouard

Typically the jobs that run the most often and generate the most logs. Compliance and snapshot jobs tak ethe most space in the db because most of the data they gather is stored there. Other jobs like NSH Script Jobs may take a lot of space if they produce a lot of logs (job run logs), so it can vary a lot.

There's no simple way to quantify that and would take multiple SQL queries depending on what you're looking for. Generally speaking I would check something like this:

select j.job_id, j.name, count(*) as "run_count" from job j

inner join job_run jr on jr.job_id = j.job_id and jr.job_version_id = j.job_version_id

group by j.job_id, j.name

Then sort that by runs and check the type...

• 2. Re: Server Automation help
            Bill Robinson

I would suggest opening a ticket w/ support for this request before you start running random cleanups w/o understanding what needs to be done in your env.

• 3. Re: Server Automation help
              Mike Jones

Do you currently run DBcleanup butit is taking too long, or are you looking to start?

This is a great starting point if you don't currently run DB cleanup @BSA Best Practices Webinar - Maintenance and DB Cleanup

You can then turn the recommendations directly into targeted jobs similar to this