1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 7:26 PM by Bill Robinson

Anyone have success using blcli to obtain Windows Patch Analysis results/logs?

richard mcleod

Looks like there is a bug that defaults/hardcodes the type inside of patching related namespaces to type :REDHAT_PATCHING_JOB

(12:11:15) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_execute Group getGroupByParentAndName "5005" "/path/os/Patching" "WindowsServer"

Id = 2010230;Name = WindowsServer;Desc =

(12:12:28) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_execute Utility setTargetObject

Id = 2010230;Name = WindowsServer;Desc =

(12:12:45) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_execute Group getGroupId

(12:13:08) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_execute Group getDBKey

DBKey:SBLGroupModelKeyImpl:2010230-44177123

(12:13:24) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_storeenv groupDBKey

(12:13:39) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_execute PatchingJob getPatchingJobDBKeyByGroupAndName "$groupDBKey" "Windows Patching with Forced Reboot"

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.NotFoundException: No job found with name : Windows Patching with Forced Reboot group : 2010230 and type : REDHAT_PATCHING_JOB

And if you try using the Utlity namespace to extract log info

(10:18:15) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_execute Utility exportPatchAnalysisRunLatest SERVER3 "/path/os/Patching/WindowsServer" "Windows Patching with Forced Reboot" "temp.csv" CSV

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.NotFoundException: No job found with name : Windows Patching with Forced Reboot group : 2010230 and type : REDHAT_PATCHING_JOB

and again in the PatchingJob namespace

(11:26:30) SERVER:/C/Users/me/tmp| blcli_execute PatchingJob getDBKeyByGroupAndName "/path/os/Patching/WindowsServer" "Windows Patching with Forced Reboot"

1 2 Previous Next