7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 9:44 AM by Sorin Gancea

How to debug ImportExport importObject command

Sorin Gancea

Hello,

I have to debug the execution of ImportExport importObject command because it does not work randomly and its standard output is void.

I couldn't see any errors in appserver log during command execution:

blcli ImportExport importObject //<server>/tmp/exportedObjects/folder //<server>/exportedObjects/folder/mapping.xml

But without any visible reason or error the command fails to import the objects.

Do you have a hint here?

Sorin

• 1. Re: How to debug ImportExport importObject command
          Bill Robinson

not sure if the command takes nsh paths, can you try local ?

is there anything in the blcli.log ?

• 2. Re: How to debug ImportExport importObject command
            Rajeev Gupta

I guess you need to first copy the files locally on your server or provide a RWX permission for Everyone on the shared drive.

Also, from your command I can see that both the Object and mapping are not in the same folder.

blcli ImportExport importObject //<server>/tmp/exportedObjects/folder //<server>/exportedObjects/folder/mapping.xml

It should be something like:

blcli ImportExport importObject //<server>/tmp/exportedObjects/folder/object //<server>/tmp/exportedObjects/folder/object_mapping.xml

• 3. Re: How to debug ImportExport importObject command
              Bill Robinson

Mapping file and payload can be in different locations.

‘//’ is a nsh path, not a share.

• 4. Re: How to debug ImportExport importObject command
                Sorin Gancea

Hi Bill,

I found out in blcli.log an out of memory error:

29 Jul 2015 18:24:31,848 ERROR [MESSAGE] Command execution failed.  [/MESSAGE]

com.bladelogic.om.infra.common.BeanException: Java heap space

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I increased the heap size to 6 GB.

The command works with nsh paths as well.

Sorin

• 5. Re: How to debug ImportExport importObject command
                  Sorin Gancea

Hello Bill,

now I'm getting another error message:

30 Jul 2015 20:03:53,826 ERROR [MESSAGE] Command execution failed.  [/MESSAGE]

com.bladelogic.om.infra.common.BeanException: GC overhead limit exceeded

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.common.BeanUtil.getBean(BeanUtil.java:100)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.base.dependency.importer.ImportedObject.replaceSystemPackageType(ImportedObject.java:3271)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.commands.importexport.ImportObjectCommand.replaceSystemPackageType(ImportObjectCommand.java:1325)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.commands.importexport.ImportObjectCommand.resolveSystemPackageType(ImportObjectCommand.java:797)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.commands.importexport.ImportObjectCommand.runImport(ImportObjectCommand.java:190)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.commands.importexport.ImportObjectCommand.executeCommand(ImportObjectCommand.java:166)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.factory.ComplexCommand.executeCommand(ComplexCommand.java:72)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.CLIEngine.executeCommand(CLIEngine.java:116)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.CLIMain.executeCommand(CLIMain.java:959)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.CLIMain.executeCommand(CLIMain.java:942)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.cli.CLIMain.executeEmbeddedShellCommand(CLIMain.java:751)

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Is there any way to tweak the Java VM in order to avoid this situation, like -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit or -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval / -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval options?

Regards,

Sorin

• 6. Re: How to debug ImportExport importObject command
                    Bill Robinson

you could try that and bumping up the heap for the blcli jvm.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: How to debug ImportExport importObject command
                      Sorin Gancea

By setting blcli_setjvmoption -Xmx512m in NSH script solved the problem.