9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2016 7:59 PM by Julio Goncalves

Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5

Bradley Murphy
      Share This:

Hi Guys

I have integrated MYIT 2.5 with Atrium SSO 9 however we are having a problem with the username being passed to the Atrium SSO server (username includes domain name). We are busy attempting to apply patch 1 to the atrium SSO server with BMC Support (We have a error they are looking at) and while I am working on the problem I need to be able to use the MYIT enviroment.

I need to be able to uninstall / disable the Atrium SSO integration with MYIT. Does anyone have any ideas ? I was going to simple reverse the implementation steps as per the manual however wanted to double check if there was a better way to do this.

Thanks
      Brad

• 1. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5
          Bradley Murphy

Hi

Ok managed to find the solution for this. Basically had to do the following steps:

Firstly, take a backup of your environment. If you are running a virtual environment, take a snapshot so that you have a roll back plan.

1. Re-run the Java deployer however with the "--uninstall" command

2. Set the SAML_Authentication variable back to "False" in the SmartIT_System.Tenant Database

3. Comment out the Atrium SSO web-agent elements in the web.xml file (Take a backup of the file first)

4. restart the Services on the MYIT server

I am now presented with a login screen that we will use until we get this small bug sorted out with BMC Software.

Cheers

Brad

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5

Hi Bradley,

If you need to remove the domain name I can help you.

Regards,

Nelson Pita

• 3. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5
              Bradley Murphy

Hi Nelson

Thanks for the offer, however I did manage to get this working perfectly so all good.

Cheers

Brad

• 4. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5

Hi Bradley,

Can you share your architecture of MyIT/SmartIT/Remedy? And wonder to know what HA you have in case of MYIT/SmartIT failure? And for SSO server failure?

Can you also send me what is the correct java deployer cmd to uninstall?

Thanks in advance,

Nelson Pita

• 5. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5
                  Bradley Murphy

Hi Nelson

For my environment, I am making use of load balances and basically having duplicate servers for each major area of my architecture. For example, my SSO server is a virtual server which has been replicated to provide redundancy in the event of a problem.

For MYIT, I have multiple servers all running in a shared cluster (part of the installation options) and all pointing to a HA mongodb setup. So far everything is working perfectly.

For the Uninstall command, in the SSO integration text file where you configure the various settings for the Agent installation, instead of specifying "install" you need to place "uninstall". Then run the integration command as per the normal from the documentation and the agent iwll be uninstalled.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Brad

• 6. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5

Hi Bradley,

Your end users customers are accessing to MyIT from the internet?

And what happens if SSO is not working? Do you have a login page and ask for credentials?

Thanks,

Nelson Pita

• 7. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5
                      Bradley Murphy

Hi

Yes my users access MYIT from the internet although I dont have SSO configured for external users (since they are not authenticated on our domain). I have SSO configured for MYIT for our internal users on our network.

So external users are prompted to login as per normal and internal users are automatically logged in. In the event of a SSO login failure, they are prompted to login although we have never had this problem as the atrium SSO solution is very stable and works well.

Cheers

Brad

• 8. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5

Hi Bradley,

That is the point.

How can you configure SSO and MyIT to be use for internal users and not to use for external users?

What exactly is your architecture with MyIT/MongoDB? And what I have to configure for MyIT external users to be logged with their domain accounts in MyIT?

Can you share some info please?

Thanks in advance,

Nelson Pita

• 9. Re: Uninstall Atrium SSO Integration on MYIT 2.5
                          Julio Goncalves

We had to go through the exercise of removing Atrium SSO in order to install Remedy SSO.

This article was the starting point, but we had to go through a lot more steps to get it working:

1. The Atrium SSO uninstaller barelly removed anything, so we had to surgically remove it (files, directories and registry) and used the steps in this article too --> https://communities.bmc.com/thread/132444?start=0&tstart=0

2. We also had to uninstall My/SmartIT since it was giving us some strange error messages relating to Atrium SSO. As it is a simple installation, it was a simple decision to make.

3. Removed references to Atrium SSO from Tomcat

4. Installed My/SmartIT

5. Testing - to verify that MyIT/SmartIT were correctly connecting

6. Installed RemedySSO and configured - clean and simple

7. Test

NOTE: This was a SAML authentication using ADFS. The Remedy SSO side of configuration is straight forward, but not so much so on the ADFS side of things. It is important to have someone who knows well their way around ADFS.