13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 4:16 AM by Rajeev Gupta

cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions

Karim Brown

after testing installing BBSA 8.6.1 parallel to 8.3.0. I can open just one Consle session. Any Idee why?

the second session prompts for some seconds and disapears.

• 1. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
          Santhosh Kurimilla

Please check whether it is creating 2 seperate folders for 8.3 and 8.6 under %appdata%/Bladelogic?

• 2. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
            Santhosh Kurimilla

And, are you trying to connect to the same environment (AppServer) using both the consoles? It should not be.

• 3. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
              Bill Robinson

So you can open one 8.6 and one 8.3 ?  or just one of either ?

• 4. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                Karim Brown

@:Santhosh: yes, I'm trying to open 2 Consoles and both to any AppServer (AppServer1, AppServer2...). Bevor testing the 8.6.1 console that was no problem 2, 3 or more opned consoles connected to one of our Appservers.

@Bill: Just one of either. Now I uninstalled the 8.6.1 and I have on my Client just the old Version 8.3.00. It shoud work now but it doesn't. I mean it works but I can't open to or more consoles in the same time

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                  Rajeev Gupta

First Un-install everything..

then install 8.6.1

launch 8.6.1 console.

Exit console.

Install the 8.3

Launch 8.6.1 console

Launch 8.3 console

• 6. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                    Bill Robinson

what happens when you launch the 2nd 8.3 console ?

• 7. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                      Karim Brown

when I open the 2nd Console, the screenshot in the attachment appears and desapears without any reaction (error or something else...)

• 8. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                        Rajeev Gupta

Could you follow the procedure in the same sequence what I mentioned? That worked for me somehow..

• 9. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                          Karim Brown

Hi Rajeev.

I don't Know if the procedure will work, but I Know that is not the solution for our problem.

for our clients are the 8.3.0 version installed and our BL Users work with.

and our plan is:

1) install the 8.6.1 parallel to 8.3.0

2) in order to work with both versions, the first one for our Test Environment (8.6.1) and the second one for the 8.3 Prod Environments.

3) Upgrade the Prod Env. to 8.6.1

4) Uninstall the 8.3 Console.

• 10. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                            Bill Robinson

can you run 2 8.6 consoles ?  how much memory is in your workstation ?

any hs_err files in your home dir or Bladelogic\CM dir ?

• 11. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                              Karim Brown

No, I can run just one Console and just one of them. 8G Memory.

Now, I Uninstalled the 8.6.1 Console and deleeted manually all directories, files... with any dependencies to 8.61. and on my client there is now just the 8.3.0 Version installed but the Problem is still there.

New Test:

I installed the 8.6.1 parallel to 8.3.0 and the result is:

for 8.6.1: the problem is resolved and I can run 2 8.6.1 consoles

for 8.3.0: the problem is still there but now finally I have an Error

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.filesystem 1 1 2015-07-22 12:04:27.992

!MESSAGE Die Bibliothek localfile_1_0_0.dll konnte nicht geladen werden.  Diese Bibliothek stellt plattformspezifische Optimierungen für bestimmte Dateisystemoperationen zur Verfügung.  Diese Bibliothek ist nicht auf allen Plattformen vorhanden; es muss sich also hier nicht unbedingt um einen Fehler handeln.  Das Ressourcen-Plug-in wird sicher auf die Verwendung der Funktionalität von java.io.File zurückgesetzt.

!STACK 0

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no localfile_1_0_0 in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFileNatives.<clinit>(LocalFileNatives.java:32)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.fetchInfo(LocalFile.java:141)

at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.fetchInfo(FileStore.java:277)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.assertCreateRequirements(Project.java:40)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.create(Project.java:252)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.create(Project.java:234)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.create(Project.java:227)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.client.ui.rcp.BLWorkbenchPlugin.start(BLWorkbenchPlugin.java:233)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:265)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:427)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:193)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:370)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:446)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:399)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:387)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:315)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1274)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:160)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:867)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:188)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

• 12. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                                Karim Brown

work arround: not the best solution but it works.

1) lunsh the 8.3.0

2) lunsh the 8.6.1 and dont close it

3) lunsh the second 8.3.0 session

bevor all that I did this procedure.

• 13. Re: cannot open 2 BBSAConsole 8.3.0 Sessions
                                  Rajeev Gupta

I guess I told the same steps..!!