5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 6:38 AM by Bill Robinson

Refresh Server Properties Job Fails

John Thies

Greetings

i have been diagnosing and troubleshooting agents and have come across a strange thing. whe this job run as a part of the scheduled jobs it fails every time buti am able to run unscheduled jobs without incident.

The error we receive is that the server cannot be conntacted on port 4570, other jobs do not report this error.

• 1. Re: Refresh Server Properties Job Fails
          Bill Robinson

- is the target server listening on 4750 for the rscd service ?

- look in the job run logs for a working and failed run, is the same appserver running the work item thread each time ?  you should see messages in the job run logs like 'running workitem-thread for server xxx on appserver yyy'.  maybe there is some network or config issue on one or more of the appservers ?

- anything in the target agent rscd log when the job fails ?

- what time does the scheduled job run?  is the server up while this happens ?

• 2. Re: Refresh Server Properties Job Fails
            John Thies

I see references for application_server in the RSCD log but nothing letting me know what server is being contacted, in looking at the transactions folder there are no logs with the date's of either the successful or failed jobs seems very odd maybe I am not looking in the correct location the target is windows machine the client version is 8.2.04.454 and the app server is 8.3.02.450

• 3. Re: Refresh Server Properties Job Fails
              Bill Robinson

transactions folder is only for bldeploy job logs.  if there was any communication it would be in the rscd log.

what about the other questions ??

• 4. Re: Refresh Server Properties Job Fails
                John Thies

Server is listening on port 4570 and is up during the job runtime (Scheduled job run once every 6 hours) RSCD log does not reveal much. the exports, users, and users.local files all look consistent with clients that do respond correctly to the job one error states it cannot find the C/Windows/System32/iscscilog.dll file however when i look the file is present.

• 5. Re: Refresh Server Properties Job Fails
                  Bill Robinson

- look in the job run logs for a working and failed run, is the same appserver running the work item thread each time ?  you should see messages in the job run logs like 'running workitem-thread for server xxx on appserver yyy'.  maybe there is some network or config issue on one or more of the appservers ?

can you attach the failed usp run and the rscd from the target from the same time ?