3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 2:15 PM by Bill Robinson

pxe service fails

Luciano Spagnuolo

When the application servers starts everything but the pxe service starts as expected.  For some reason it just started to fail.  I've already done usual research in the ommunities and knowledgebase with no success.  Here are the errors from the pxe.log

[02 Jul 2015 14:22:52,127] [main] [ERROR] [::] [] Error installing to Start: name=bladelogic.service.PxeDbDataSourceService state=Create

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'bbsa'. ClientConnectionId:5fd53b7f-24f3-4c2c-a7a1-99b5fb876515

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'bbsa'. ClientConnectionId:5fd53b7f-24f3-4c2c-a7a1-99b5fb876515

here are the last 3 line of the log

[02 Jul 2015 14:22:52,130] [main] [INFO] [::] [] Registering remote services...

[02 Jul 2015 14:22:52,132] [Thread-1] [INFO] [::] [] Undeploying

[02 Jul 2015 14:22:52,147] [Thread-1] [ERROR] [::] [] java.rmi.NotBoundException: bladelogic.service.AppServerService

Now I suspected based on the errors that the issue was with DB connection.  I checked and confirmed the user & password.  They are correct.  I also reset them for the entire environment (server services) via blasadmin commands

i.e.

./blasadmin -a set database password <MyPassword>

./blasadmin -s _spawner set database password <MyPassword>
      ./blasadmin -s _pxe set database password <MyPassword>
      ./blasadmin -s _util set database password <MyPassword>

I checked and confirmed the database connection string and it looks good.

So after tring everything having to do with resetting the userid, password via blasadmin, running the blappconf to redo the settings there, nothing worked for the pxe service.  What else can i reset? What am I missing?

Attached is the pxe log.

This environment Bladelogic 8.6.00 test environment. utilizing SQL DB, Red Hat 5.6 application servers, and a couple of repeaters.  Small test environment.

Thanks

Lou Spagnuolo

• 1. Re: pxe service fails
          Bill Robinson

This looks like you don’t have the correct database password set for the pxe instance.

Blasadmin –s _pxe set pxe user xxx

Blasadmin –s _pxe set pxe pass xxx

• 2. Re: pxe service fails
            Luciano Spagnuolo

Ok, I ran those two commands and now I get the same failure but with the pxeuser account name.

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'pxeuser'. ClientConnectionId:ec535f16-5499-433c-baff-4c093cdc0f04

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:216)

the pxe user is pxeuser and it's password is password so I ran the two commands using these and it didn't resolve the issue.

current settings

blasadmin now running against deployment: _pxe

[Pxe]

ConnectionString:jdbc:sqlserver://;serverName=bsasql;port=1433;DatabaseName=bladelogic;SelectMethod=cursor

DriverClass:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

MaxConnections:100

MinConnections:0

Password:QKXELNZPAVVKPVQNEVZNEOWAALBZKPTKBXBXUOWQEWQMUEPEPPOTBXKZXNLQOTBL

UserId:pxeuser

I confirmed the user & password in property dictionary.

what else can I try?

Lou Spagnuolo

• 3. Re: pxe service fails
              Bill Robinson

Those settings should be the bladelogic database user name and bladelogic database user password.