7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2015 12:05 AM by PULKIT SACHDEVA

Unable to connect to the database on TM ART Central..!!

PULKIT SACHDEVA

Hi All BMC Users,

I am facing a well known issue with tm art database. After putting the credentials on TM ART Central, I am getting an  error "IO Exception : The Network adapter could not establish the connection.".

So, I am getting this issue after having issue with some servers placed in the data center.

Please tell me that why this error is coming out ? Rather I am putting correct credentials to connect to the database..

Best Regards,

Pulkit

• 2. Re: Unable to connect to the database on TM ART Central..!!
          PULKIT SACHDEVA

Dear Sir,

I know that these articles can be very helpful but what exactly it is that first of all I don't have support contract ID and password so that I am unable to read these documents..

Please share if there is an another way to resolve the above mentioned issue...

Best Regards,

Pulkit

• 3. Re: Unable to connect to the database on TM ART Central..!!
            PULKIT SACHDEVA

Hi All,

Need help on urgent basis....Kindly help..!!

Regards,

Pulkit

• 4. Re: Unable to connect to the database on TM ART Central..!!
              PULKIT SACHDEVA

Please check the below mentioned Logs of AppServer :

I;DB;2015-06-12;12:50:40;TMART;ScheduledProjectDisabler;Blackout period enforcer: Running at Fri Jun 12 12:50:40 IST 2015

E;OV;2015-06-12;12:50:40;TMART;ScheduledProjectDisabler;Blackout periods Enforcement caused an exception during loading blackouts from the database:  com.segue.scc.util.jdbc.DatabaseException: Disconnected from Database

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.DatabaseFacility.getDbConnection(DatabaseFacility.java:222)

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.AppServer.getDbConnection(AppServer.java:652)

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.blackout.ScheduledProjectDisablerHelper.getAllProjectDisableSchedules(ScheduledProjectDisablerHelper.java:62)

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.blackout.BlackoutFactory.getBlackouts(BlackoutFactory.java:37)

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.blackout.BlackoutFactory.getBlackoutMap(BlackoutFactory.java:63)

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.blackout.ScheduledProjectDisabler.run(ScheduledProjectDisabler.java:118)

at com.segue.scc.util.threading.RunRegularlyThread.run(RunRegularlyThread.java:53)

E;OV;2015-06-12;12:50:40;TMART;AlertExecutor;com.segue.scc.util.jdbc.DatabaseException: Disconnected from Database

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.DatabaseFacility.getDatabase(DatabaseFacility.java:205)

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.AppServer.getDatabase(AppServer.java:646)

at com.segue.scc.model.notification.EmailDelivery.openDatabaseConnection(EmailDelivery.java:199)

at com.segue.scc.model.notification.EmailDelivery.doExecute(EmailDelivery.java:165)

at com.segue.scc.model.alert.AlertExecutor.run(AlertExecutor.java:56)

E;OV;2015-06-12;12:50:40;TMART;AlertExecutor;com.segue.scc.model.notification.DeliveryNotConfiguredException: Notification type has not been configured yet

at com.segue.scc.model.notification.AbstractDelivery.verifySettingsComplete(AbstractDelivery.java:192)

at com.segue.scc.model.notification.AbstractDelivery.getStrSetting(AbstractDelivery.java:172)

at com.segue.scc.model.notification.EmailDelivery.isActive(EmailDelivery.java:295)

at com.segue.scc.model.notification.EmailDelivery.doExecute(EmailDelivery.java:127)

at com.segue.scc.model.alert.AlertExecutor.run(AlertExecutor.java:56)

E;VB;2015-06-12;12:51:33;TMART;RMI TCP Connection(2125)-172.16.3.232;com.segue.scc.util.jdbc.DatabaseException: Disconnected from Database

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.DatabaseFacility.getDbConnection(DatabaseFacility.java:214)

at com.segue.scc.internal.appserver.DatabaseFacility.getSynchronizatonState(DatabaseFacility.java:262)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Best Regards,

Pulkit

• 5. Re: Unable to connect to the database on TM ART Central..!!
                PULKIT SACHDEVA

TMART

Hi All TMART users,

Please help me in this.As mentioned above, is the Logs of AppServer....

Regards,

Pulkit

• 6. Re: Unable to connect to the database on TM ART Central..!!
                  Hal DeVore

You should contact BMC Support.

• 7. Re: Unable to connect to the database on TM ART Central..!!
                    PULKIT SACHDEVA

Hi All,

I have found some other way to resolve the issue but I am little bit confused that should I use that way or not..

So basically what I found is, There are some listener control utilities running on database server. If those services don't work correctly, there might be the issue with db server due to which it shows the error IO Exception : Network adapter could not establish the connection. which I am getting now. The other thing is, this issue might be with port. because if the port get closed then again you will get the same error as mentioned above..

So the confusion is, what is the right wayI should use here to resolve the issue.

Kindly share the knowledge..and help me to resolve this issue..

Best Regards,

Pulkit