3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 8:14 AM by Todd Fendt

TMART 4.2 and Silktest

Todd Fendt

Hi everyone,

I am looking at four issues:

Issue 1:

Does anyone have experience with running a silktest monitor from a workbench silktest launcher project and using a options.opt file in the silktest project?

I am setting 'capture the entire desktop area' and the silktest monitor runs fine and the truelog that is produced does include the desktop when run from the Silktest workbench tool.

However, when run from Central the truelog only includes the app being controlled from the monitor, not the entire desktop.

I suspect that the options.opt file (included in the silktest project isn't being used properly) and I am getting some default behavior.

Issue 2:

The above monitor stops recording the screen captures at a certain point. The point at which the Citrix Java app is actually started.

I am wondering if certain assets cannot be seen from the truelog screen capture perspective?

Issue 3:

When running a Silktest workbench project I always receive a results file. Having changed the 'diskette' files icon to a bright red icon this red icon usually indicates an error has occurred and a truelog file exists. Because I get a results file every time from silktest this throws off the " Ionly get a red icon when an error occurs". anyone know of a way to turn off the results file in silktest?

Issue 4:

When utilizing Silktest Bitmap functions, how can I include actual bmp files within the project?  Already tried "including" a bmp file and Silktest placed it into the Data part of the project tree. However, trying simply the filename in bitmap functions produces a Cannot find the file.

If anyone has any experience with this stuff please let me know?  Thank You.

Todd Fendt

Message was edited by: Todd Fendt

• 1. Re: TMART 4.2 and Silktest
          Todd Fendt

Answer 4:

We ended up saving the image files in a specific directory and pathing to them in the image commands. We use another mechanism to distribute files on ES machines.

• 2. Re: TMART 4.2 and Silktest
            Christophe Oggeri

Hi Todd,

Issue 1 : I think that when the ES execute a RDP connection on itself, it does not launch the full desktop. I think it depends how to setup the connection, if I remember, according to the way used to make the connection, you can launch a full desktop or only the application.

Issue 2 : How are you doing the screenshot ? As a RDP connection is made, you should be able to make screenshots for everything showed on the screen.

Issue 3 : If you execute a silktest script through a workbench project, I'm afraid that there is no way to shutdown the creation of this file (I had the same issue and that was the support told me).

Issue 4 : I ended up to do the same way as you...so I cannot help you better than you did.

Hope I could help you a little.

• 3. Re: TMART 4.2 and Silktest
              Todd Fendt

Latest Updates to these four:

Issue 1:

Does anyone have experience with running a silktest monitor from a workbench silktest launcher project and using a options.opt file in the silktest project?

I am setting 'capture the entire desktop area' and the silktest monitor runs fine and the truelog that is produced does include the desktop when run from the Silktest workbench tool.

However, when run from Central the truelog only includes the app being controlled from the monitor, not the entire desktop.

I suspect that the options.opt file (included in the silktest project isn't being used properly) and I am getting some default behavior.

It seems like this started working after being flaky for some time. I am now getting what is in the silktest options.opt file.

Issue 2:

The above monitor stops recording the screen captures at a certain point. The point at which the Citrix Java app is actually started.

I am wondering if certain assets cannot be seen from the truelog screen capture perspective?

This stopped being an problem the same time as Issue1 stopped being as problem,

Issue 3:

When running a Silktest workbench project I always receive a results file. Having changed the 'diskette' files icon to a bright red icon this red icon usually indicates an error has occurred and a truelog file exists. Because I get a results file every time from silktest this throws off the " I only get a red icon when an error occurs". anyone know of a way to turn off the results file in silktest?

After opening a Issue with BMC and googling around this is a known item and must be lived with. As a side to this having coded more silktest GUI style monitors called from a workbench project I actually like the information that I print from the silktest .t file ( I display logging info, key parts of validation and such).

Issue 4:

When utilizing Silktest Bitmap functions, how can I include actual bmp files within the project?  Already tried "including" a bmp file and Silktest placed it into the Data part of the project tree. However, trying simply the filename in bitmap functions produces a Cannot find the file.

And thanks to Christophe for his review.