3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2015 5:58 AM by Scott Dunbar

RPM Cluster configuration

Siddu angadi
      1. Below is from online documentation:

In the MOD_CLUSTER_ADDS section, in the manager_module section and VirtualHost parameter, enter the IP address of your computer and the port number for the load balancer.
      For example, if your IP address is 192.168.10.122 and you want to use the 6666 port for the load balancer, your load balancer IP and port configuration is the following:

What is 192.168.10.122 ?    

Should I configure MOD_Cluster in BRPM node 1 and node 2?

1. F5 Load balancer Availability

Should Load Balancer to available and configured to resolve BRPM nodes before I configure cluster in BROM?

1. Below is from online documentation:

In the bottom line, replace the existing parameters for the Executable variable with the following:
      -c standalone-ha.xml -b <node_ip_address> -Djboss.node.name=node<node_number>
      For example, if you configure the node 2 with the IP address 192.168.10.148, the bottom line of the file is the following:

"$EXECUTABLE" -c standalone-ha.xml -b 192.168.10.148 -Djboss.node.name=node1

For the mod-cluster-config tag, add the sticky-session='true' parameter. For example:

<mod-cluster-config advertise-socket='modcluster' connector='ajp' excluded-contexts='

Should I do same thing in node 1 also?

1. central file store location on a node Configurations

I should apply these configuration for both Nodes, am I right?

1. Best practises

Apart from online documentation, is there any other best practise in cluster configuration ( jboss ) for RPM?

• 1. Re: RPM Cluster configuration
          Brendan Farrell

What is 192.168.10.122 ?   

Should I configure MOD_Cluster in BRPM node 1 and node 2?

That is the address of the load balancer host.  You only need to setup mod_cluster once.  It could be on its own host or on one of the other node hosts.  The nodes broadcast to the load balancer.  So, if you have more nodes on the network than the ones you want on the cluster, you will likely use another approach than the standard 'Advertising' option.

Should Load Balancer to available and configured to resolve BRPM nodes before I configure cluster in BROM?

Yes, it would be best to setup the load balancer and then configure the nodes for the BPRM cluster.

Should I do same thing in node 1 also?

Yes, it should be applied to all nodes.  Make sure to change the ip or hostname and node name per node.

I should apply these configuration for both Nodes, am I right?

Yes again.  All nodes need access ot the shared folder for use with automation.

• 2. Re: RPM Cluster configuration
            Siddu angadi

What about the best JVM_OPTS setting?

I have 32 bit RAM server

Default:   JAVA_OPTS = "-XX:PermSize=64m -Xmx128m -Xms32m -Xss2048k"

What would be the recomended JVM_OPTs for 32 bit GB RAM?

Thanks

Siddu

• 3. Re: RPM Cluster configuration

MOD_Cluster is only needed, IMO, if you have no hardware LB in the environment.  This is a software LB and becomes a single point of failure on one of the nodes if used. 

Rather, get the jgroups working using the multi-cast config ensuring that the ports are the same on each host, and configure a 3rd party LB to share HTTP traffic to each node.  the LB should be capable of detecting a failure to serve HTTP requests from any failed nodes.