3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 8:55 AM by Rob Presland

BSR 3, no CI found, work info content

Rob Presland
      Share:|

We have BSR 3.0 installed and if an incident is created based on an BPPM event, and the CI from BPPM is not found in Atrium (for whatever reason), a work info is added to the incident with content "No CI Found with Recon ID". Is this a message that I can change? If so, where can I find it to change this?

If you're wondering why, it's (1) we are passing a CI Name if the recon ID is not found, so "Recon ID" is misleading, and (2) we want to include specific content to facilitate reporting of these situations.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: BSR 3, no CI found, work info content
          Carey Walker

Hi Robert

Can you expolain your item 1) a little further?

Not sure what you mean by we are passing a CI Name if the recon id is not found??

• 2. Re: BSR 3, no CI found, work info content
            Rob Presland

I think this might be related to a custom we did in BPPM or in Remedy BSR. The idea is that our monitoring tools use the concept of a CI Name, even if no CI actually exists in Atrium CMDB by that name. When monitoring identifies an event with that CI Name, it uses the published CIs in BPPM to match but if there is no matching CI, instead of sending the recon ID, it sends the CI Name. The more I look at this I think it's probably in the filters in BSR. I have a list of them so I'll go through them one by one and see if I can locate this work info message.

• 3. Re: BSR 3, no CI found, work info content
              Rob Presland

To answer my own question (for the benefit of others)...

The "No CI Found with Recon ID" is from a record in SYS:ResourceMapping with tag=INC_NO_CI_FOUND, as per the filter HPD:ISI:CreateIncident_148_GetCIInfo_NoCIFound which was installed by BSR 3.0.

I haven't tried to change this text and test it yet, but it seems easy enough to do.