3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2015 4:28 AM by Davorin Stevanovic

Failing Migration of BSA from 7.6 to 8.0

Abhishek Tundalwar

Hi All,

I am in process of upgrade of BSA from 7.6 to 8.6, I am migrating DB from 7.6 to 8.0 but it is failing due to below error

BSA error.jpg

Kindly help me to get out from this.

Regards,

Abhishek

• 1. Re: Failing Migration of BSA from 7.6 to 8.0
          Davorin Stevanovic

The error is most likely caused by running an older version of the migration manager with a newer version of the migration files. Confirm that the application server is upgraded to 8.0 before running the data migration.

• 2. Re: Failing Migration of BSA from 7.6 to 8.0
            Abhishek Tundalwar

Thanks Davorin,

Now I upgraded the BSA and tring to run blmigration utility but failing because of below error

[04 May 2015 13:53:30,312] [main] [INFO] [::] [] Datasource creation userId=

[04 May 2015 13:53:30,312] [main] [ERROR] [::] [] MigDatabaseAPI::initializeAPI:

:Could not retrieve the data source information; The Driver class is null or emp

ty

com.bladelogic.mig.framework.common.MigException: The Driver class is null or em

pty

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.impl.MigDatabaseAPI.createDataSource(MigDatabas

eAPI.java:211)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.impl.MigDatabaseAPI.initializeAPI(MigDatabaseAP

I.java:101)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.impl.MigDatabaseAPI.<init>(MigDatabaseAPI.java:

67)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.impl.MigDatabaseAPI.getInstance(MigDatabaseAPI.

java:42)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.MigDBAPI.cleanupResources(MigDBAPI.java:31)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.MigDBUtils.getDBVersionFromSystemPropertyTable(

MigDBUtils.java:82)

at com.bladelogic.mig.framework.common.MigUtils.checkDatabaseIsAtValidVe

rsion(MigUtils.java:73)

at com.bladelogic.mig.framework.chainedmigration.ChainedMigration.<init>

(ChainedMigration.java:25)

at com.bladelogic.mig.Migration.runUI(Migration.java:85)

at com.bladelogic.mig.Migration.main(Migration.java:68)

[04 May 2015 13:53:30,312] [main] [ERROR] [::] [] MigUtils::checkDatabaseIsAtVal

idVersion:: Exception while getting the DB version.

com.bladelogic.mig.framework.common.MigException: MigDatabaseAPI::initializeAPI:

:Could not retrieve the data source information; The Driver class is null or emp

ty

I.java:108)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.impl.MigDatabaseAPI.<init>(MigDatabaseAPI.java:

67)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.impl.MigDatabaseAPI.getInstance(MigDatabaseAPI.

java:42)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.MigDBAPI.cleanupResources(MigDBAPI.java:31)

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.MigDBUtils.getDBVersionFromSystemPropertyTable(

MigDBUtils.java:82)

at com.bladelogic.mig.framework.common.MigUtils.checkDatabaseIsAtValidVe

rsion(MigUtils.java:73)

at com.bladelogic.mig.framework.chainedmigration.ChainedMigration.<init>

(ChainedMigration.java:25)

at com.bladelogic.mig.Migration.runUI(Migration.java:85)

at com.bladelogic.mig.Migration.main(Migration.java:68)

Caused by: com.bladelogic.mig.framework.common.MigException: The Driver class is

null or empty

at com.bladelogic.mig.db.impl.MigDatabaseAPI.createDataSource(MigDatabas

eAPI.java:211)

I.java:101)

... 8 more

[04 May 2015 13:53:30,328] [main] [INFO] [::] [] TOP LEVEL MIGRATION EXCEPTION C

AUGHT.

Error while checking the DB required version. Error is:<MigUtils::checkDatabaseI

sAtValidVersion:: Exception while getting the DB version.com.bladelogic.mig.fram

ework.common.MigException: MigDatabaseAPI::initializeAPI::Could not retrieve the

data source information; The Driver class is null or empty>.Database needs to b

e at least at version 7.6.0

Regards,

Abhishek

• 3. Re: Failing Migration of BSA from 7.6 to 8.0
              Davorin Stevanovic

Hi,

This indicates that you do not have entered Oracle Driver parameter as part of the DB connection information:

You can follow this KA to fix this:

https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=KA323630

1 of 1 people found this helpful