4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 2:21 PM by Bill Robinson

Compliance template export with BSA 8.3 ?

Hi communitie,

my aim is to copy a compliance template from one BSA system to another. When I try to do a version independent export of a compliance template with BSA 8.3, I run into several errors as BSA complains about missing files on the Filesserver.

Should a compliance export be possible with BSA 8.3 ? Does anybody have experience doing so ?

Looking at the error message thrown when trying the version independet export, I saw that the error message was refering to a assetclass object.

[09 Apr 2015 16:11:23,800] [Client-Connections-Thread-4] [ERROR] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:10.139.28.227] [Client] Exception while exporting packaged content into ZIP file

com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.blapi.BLAPIException: Exception while copying directory //itoclmpxe1t/opt/bmc/bladelogic/storage/blassetclasses/0e252d29-65e1-40ab-a566-27475222a6eb to /opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/0.136904817687275033988851769298875011-bmc-ca-temp-dir

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.blapi.BLAPIHelper.copyFilesToDirectory(BLAPIHelper.java:5446)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.ContentImportExportServiceImpl.writeServerObjectPayload(ContentImportExportServiceImpl.java:391)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.ContentImportExportServiceImpl.exportTemplates(ContentImportExportServiceImpl.java:225)

I had a look at the BSA database objects....

• select FILE_LOCATION_ID from bladelogic.file_location where relative_path = 'blassetclasses/0e252d29-65e1-40ab-a566-27475222a6eb';  

gives me the file_location_id       2018660

• select ASSET_PATH from bladelogic.asset_selector where asset_selector_id = '2018660';      

gives me the asset_path            /etc/audit/auditd.conf//space_left_action

This is an object I used in the compliance check. I deleted this object from the "parts" and removed the corresponding rules of the compliance check

When trying the export again, I received the same error message as before. Thus there seems to be another dependency....

Is there a better way to identify the root cause of the problem ?

Any help would be appreciated ...               Alexander

• 2. Re: Compliance template export with BSA 8.3 ?
          Bill Robinson

can you attach the full stack trace of the message ?

• 3. Re: Compliance template export with BSA 8.3 ?

Hi Bill,

attached the full stack trace of the version independent export.

My search inside the BSA database object may have led me to a wrong path. In my question above, the proposed relation of file_location_id and asset_selector_id is probably wrong.

My problem was to identify the BSA object correspondig to the missing blassetclasses file. I planned to delete this BSA object including its rule from the compliance check and then finally export the compliance check successfully.

I opened up issue      ISS04440181     to investigate this problem. In this issue a SQL statement is still missing to list BSA object and depending files. Such a "correlation" list would be very helpful to clear inconsistencies of database and fileserver files.

Meanwhile I managed to export the compliance check by deleting "parts" of the compliance check and trying the export. This was a time consuming, try and error process, far from being straigthforward.

_______

[23 Mar 2015 17:02:14,418] [Client-Connections-Thread-9] [ERROR] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:10.139.3.197] [Client] Exception while exporting packaged content into ZIP file

com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.blapi.BLAPIException: Exception while copying directory //itoclmpxe1t/opt/bmc/bladelogic/storage/blassetclasses/0e252d29-65e1-40ab-a566-27475222a6eb to /opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/0.261718633086610037249193432882576486-bmc-ca-temp-dir

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.blapi.BLAPIHelper.copyFilesToDirectory(BLAPIHelper.java:5446)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.ContentImportExportServiceImpl.writeServerObjectPayload(ContentImportExportServiceImpl.java:391)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.ContentImportExportServiceImpl.exportTemplates(ContentImportExportServiceImpl.java:225)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.ContentImportExportServiceImpl.exportTemplates(ContentImportExportServiceImpl.java:89)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.ContentImportExportServiceImpl.exportTemplates(ContentImportExportServiceImpl.java:104)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.content.ContentImportExportServiceRequestHandlerImpl.exportTemplates_10(ContentImportExportServiceRequestHandlerImpl.java:425)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.content.ContentImportExportServiceRequestHandlerImpl.execute(ContentImportExportServiceRequestHandlerImpl.java:146)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.api.manage.APIMethodInvocationProvider.executeRequest(APIMethodInvocationProvider.java:54)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.api.manage.APIMethodInvocationProvider.invoke(APIMethodInvocationProvider.java:39)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.routing.RoutingServiceImpl.invokeMethodLocally(RoutingServiceImpl.java:317)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.routing.RoutingServiceImpl.invoke(RoutingServiceImpl.java:244)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.api.manage.APIRequestManager.executeRequest(APIRequestManager.java:30)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.message.app.frame.APIMessageFrame.service(APIMessageFrame.java:113)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:385)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:282)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.handleClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:182)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:101)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:27)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

Caused by: com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Exception while copying file or directory: //itoclmpxe1t/opt/bmc/bladelogic/storage/blassetclasses/0e252d29-65e1-40ab-a566-27475222a6eb to /opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/0.261718633086610037249193432882576486-bmc-ca-temp-dir/0e252d29-65e1-40ab-a566-27475222a6eb

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.blapi.BLAPIHelper.copyFile(BLAPIHelper.java:5326)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.blapi.BLAPIHelper.copyFilesToDirectory(BLAPIHelper.java:5442)

... 18 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: JNI file copy from '//itoclmpxe1t/opt/bmc/bladelogic/storage/blassetclasses/0e252d29-65e1-40ab-a566-27475222a6eb' to '/opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/0.261718633086610037249193432882576486-bmc-ca-temp-dir/0e252d29-65e1-40ab-a566-27475222a6eb' failed: : No such file or directory

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.file.AppServerFileUtil.cpFile(Native Method)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.file.AppServerFileUtil.cpFile(AppServerFileUtil.java:103)

at com.bladelogic.om.caconvert.blapi.BLAPIHelper.copyFile(BLAPIHelper.java:5312)

... 19 more

• 4. Re: Compliance template export with BSA 8.3 ?
              Bill Robinson

so in this case it looks like there's a mismatch between the CO directories on the file server and what is in the db.  i forget what can cause that - we probably just need to sync them up.