5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 9:59 AM by Alexandre Dumont

[Solved] Help with blcli Virtualization class

Alexandre Dumont

I'm interested in learning more about the BLCli Virtualization class, but I fail to find the infomration I need to really use it. What I'd like to do is fully interact with the VMs from BSA.

So far, I have found usable examples of how to take a snapshots of a VM, using the snapshotVirtualGuest method, and how to start/stop a VM, using the changeVirtualGuestPowerStatus method.

Other than that, I know there is the executeCommand method, for which I have really failed to find any help. The only example available is:

Virtualization executeCommand localhost "//sburle-lt-01.bmc.com/e/BLCLI-InputFiles/reLocateVM.xml" VMwareVirtualCenter

but there's no information about what we can put inside the xlm file.

What type of command can we pass to Virtualization executeCommand in a VMware context? Is it PowerCLI commands?

I guess to be able to modify existing VMs, I will have to work with xml VGP and VGJ, but here again the documentation is pretty scarse. It only explains how to create baremetal VMs or VMs from templates, but I failed to find anything about modifying a VM: add vCPUs, add RAM, add NIC, add Disks by using a VGP.

There's the updateVirtualGuestPackage method as well, but how to use that?

Any help is welcome , cc Bill Robinson

Thanks in advance,