1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 1:44 AM by Arvind Kumar Goswamy

Patrol Agent Disconnection issue

Share This:

HI Team ,

we are facing a agent disconnection issue where we are unable to find out the root cause,

When ever we are loging in to the Patrol console server we have few server which disconects and connects every time .
      we observed these server are DMZ/public environment server.

Please find the below logs:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

BPPM Cell Connection Status to host BPPMserver001 - Connection down
      Connection with Integration Service 10.71.112.42 with port 3183 lost.
      Failed to connect Integration Service '10.71.112.42' on port '3183'.
      ID 10206d: I: Console _patrolserver001_3008_0000000003A3F3B8:10.71.112.26-902897(110)_000000000A780850-PATROL_Central_Operator#0;#cos#svcs#PATROL_CSERVER_patrolserver001;#cos#cli#_UK114073_4984_0208F158:10.71.193.147 (type PC-Developer) deleted.
      ID 1021cd: I: PatrolAgent Connection to RT Server lost.
      ID 1021cc: I: Connection established to rtserver tcp:patrolserver002:2059.
      Connection established with Integration Service 10.71.112.42 on port 3183.
      BPPM Cell Connection Status to host BPPMserver001 - Up and synchronized
      ID 1021cd: I: PatrolAgent Connection to RT Server lost.
      I: Connection established to rtserver tcp:patrolserver002:2059.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please let us know if anyone has idea about this issue .

Thansk
      Anjan Kumar tripathy

• 1. Re: Patrol Agent Disconnection issue
          Arvind Kumar Goswamy

Hi Anjan,

This problem occurs mainly due to communication issue.

First we need to make sure whether the 'ping' and 'telnet' are functioning properly.

Try to ping from the PatrolAgent machine to rtserver machine and check whether its able to ping and telnet.

If it seems alright, then try the ping and telnet from the RTserver machine to PatrolAgent machine.

Communication should be alright from both the ends.

Once it is done, check the RTserver variable in the PatrolAgent configuration ruleset "/AgentSetup/rtserver " to confirm its connecting to correct RTserver and right port.

Also can try running the PatrolAgent with the RTserver string as below:

./PatrolAgent -p <port no> -rtserver tcp:hostname:2059

Please let us know if the problem still persists.

Thanks,

Arvind.