We need different properties to identify AR Server name, ITSM server name, Server Group information & Admin server name in server group etc. We'll try to check can we optimize these properties.
Whenever Smart IT should be installed in Server Group then UX Patch needs to be installed on all nodes of Server Group. While Smart IT installation need to specify the Admin server in Server Group instead of Load Balancer.
After installation of Smart IT, Load balancer name can be configured in MyIT Administration Console form.
1. Add Load balancer entry to persistent data store
2. Change the Applications->MyIT-ITSM entry to Load balancer entry by selecting the drop-down. Restart the tomcat.
Thank you Ashish,
that is helpful, but does not fully answer my question.
In the end, when all has been done, which names can we expect in which line?
Can you please add a comment to each line, which will indicate whether the server group load balancer alias is the correct value OR the primary admin server OR any other name?
That would be very helpful to verify our installation.
BTW: Where in the documentation can I find the instruction that the UX patch has to be installed on each and every server in the server group? I've missed that.
Here is the link for documentation for Patch install. Check 7th point.
Here are the details -
- BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME - AR Server name (Smart IT can be configured with AR & ITSM Server name through silent parameters)
- BMC_ITSM_SERVER_NAME - ITSM Server Name
- BMC_AR_SERVER_INFO_HOSTNAME - We pick this value from ARsystemInstalledConfiguration from property "BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME"
- BMC_AR_SERVER_INFORMATION_SERVER_GROUP_ADMIN_SERVER_NAME - We get this value from AR server as Admin server within Server Group
- BMC_AR_SERVER_INFORMATION_FULL_HOST_NAME - Here we append domain name along with hostname
- BMC_AR_SERVER_GROUP_PRIMARY - Validate current host is Primary server or not & accordingly set the value
- BMC_AR_SERVER_GROUP - Validate current host is Server group or not & accordingly set the value
Thank you very much
What's the difference between BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME & BMC_ITSM_SERVER_NAME?
In the installation spreadsheet I see that for AR System Server Name Alias the fqdn is used in the example. If I run the installer it proposes the short-name though. Should we use fqdn or short-name?