2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2015 12:12 PM by Richard Lester

Issues Searching to assign a work order to another

Richard Lester
      Share This:

I am getting the following message at times when trying to assign a work order.  Example I will search with work order number and this system out of memory message will show up but I then do a search by other text in the work order and it returns information.  I was starting a re-indexing of the search and had to do several times to finally get it to fully run the entire index and now have the full index.  I then did a search by work number got the error again I then did a normal search window search by work order number and got the work order back but then when I did the assign it worked this time.  Any idea on why this keeps happening.

I wish they would put go to work order search in as an option in the assign seems to always work even when doing a full indexing.

TechnicianClient|TIE1135131|Language|RELester|Module.HelpDesk.020
        -- Error searching for workOrders.  [TrackIt.Application.Framework.AOM.ApplicationErrorException]
        -- No Error Code specified in Exception instance  [TrackIt.Core.Search.SearchException]
        -- Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.  [System.OutOfMemoryException]

TrackIt.Application.Framework.AOM.ApplicationErrorException : Error searching for workOrders.
         at TrackIt.Application.Framework.AOM.ApplicationCommand.Execute(Object source, CommandExecutionEventArgs args)
         at TrackIt.Application.Framework.WinForms.EntitySearchDialog.ExecuteSearchAndShowResults(String searchText)
         at TrackIt.Application.Framework.WinForms.EntitySearchDialog.searchButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

TrackIt.Core.Search.SearchException : No Error Code specified in Exception instance
         at TrackIt.Core.Search.DTSearchImpl.SearchRemote.GetSearchResultsAsDataSet(SecurityCredentials securityCredentials, SearchResults searchResults)
         at TrackIt.Business.HelpDesk.HelpDeskImpl.HelpDeskImpl.GetIncidentSearchResults(DBSession session, SearchHandler searchHandler)
         at TrackIt.Business.HelpDesk.HelpDeskImpl.HelpDeskSecure.GetIncidentSearchResults(SecurityCredentials credentials, DBSession session, SearchHandler searchHandler)
         at TrackIt.Business.HelpDesk.HelpDeskInterceptor.GetIncidentSearchResults(DBSession session, SearchHandler searchHandler)
         at TrackIt.Business.HelpDesk.HelpDeskImpl.HelpDeskLocal.GetIncidentSearchResults(DBSession session, SearchHandler searchHandler)
         at TrackIt.Application.TechnicianClient.AddIn.HelpDesk.SearchIncidentsCommand.ExecuteCore(Object sender, CommandExecutionEventArgs args)
         at TrackIt.Application.Framework.AOM.ApplicationCommand.InitiateExecuteCore(Object source, CommandExecutionEventArgs args)
         at TrackIt.Application.Framework.AOM.ApplicationCommand.Execute(Object source, CommandExecutionEventArgs args)

System.OutOfMemoryException : Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Server stack trace:
         at System.Text.StringBuilder.ToString()
         at System.IO.StringWriter.ToString()
         at System.Data.DataSet.SerializeDataSet(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, SerializationFormat remotingFormat)
         at System.Data.DataSet.GetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
         at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter, SerializationBinder binder)
         at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter, SerializationBinder binder)
         at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
         at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
         at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.SerializeResponse(IServerResponseChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders& headers, Stream& stream)
         at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
         at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
         at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
         at TrackIt.Core.Search.ISearchSecureDelegator.GetSearchResultsAsDataSet(SecurityCredentials credentials, SecurityCredentials securityCredentials, SearchResults searchResults)
         at TrackIt.Core.Search.SearchInterceptor.GetSearchResultsAsDataSet(SecurityCredentials securityCredentials, SearchResults searchResults)
         at TrackIt.Core.Search.DTSearchImpl.SearchRemote.GetSearchResultsAsDataSet(SecurityCredentials securityCredentials, SearchResults searchResults)

• 1. Re: Issues Searching to assign a work order to another

Richard

Are all techs getting that, or is it limited to a single workstation?  My assumption is that it's limited, and that workstation is running pretty low on pagefile or has some other "heavy hitters" taking a toll on memory.  I suspect that if you log out of Windows and back in, or better yet reboot, that will go away for a while.

If everyone is getting it, then either the Track-It! server or the SQL server that hosts the Track-It! database may be running low on resources, and I'd want to see the Task Manager > Performance tab from each of them.

-Keith

• 2. Re: Issues Searching to assign a work order to another
            Richard Lester

I have had several people having the issue at the same time I have even seen on my computer. I know I will a have a lot of stuff open I will check windows event logs the next time it happens. I have a resource monitor  running on the server and have not seen a large amount of memory used. The server is 2008 with 8 gig of ram I think. This is with everything but Sql running on the same server.