The most probable causes are as follows:
(1) The Shavlik libraries need to be reregistered on the target server:
To automate the process of reregistering these DLL files on multiple servers, review the following article:https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=KA359610
(2) If reregistering the dll files does not resolve the issue, then the problem could be with the use of the CAB files rather than XML.
Review the following article for more information about this issue: https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=KA322916
Per KA322916, perform the CAB -> XML switch, rerun patch analysis, and generate the new deploy job. NOTE: do not run the old deploy job, as it will still fail!
Should the same issue persist, review the //target/[RSCD_DIR]/Transactions/log/bldeploy-xxx.log. If you see that the BLPatchCheck2 command still references the cab files, i.e.:
cmd=BlPatchCheck2.exe 0 -s -pt 13 "C:\temp\stage\xxx\\shavlik\hf7b.cab" ...
cmd=BlPatchCheck2.exe 1 "C:\temp\stage\xxx\\shavlik\pd5.cab" ...
... then the steps were not followed correctly; revisit them.
(3) Check that McAfee AntiVirus has not been partially uninstalled or incopmpletely upgraded. McAfee replaces the VBScript and other script associations in the Windows Registry so it can intercept said scripts and execute them. When McAfee is not available but the Registry entries have not been removed, it breaks the execution flow.
(4) If the above do not solve the problem, please open a ticket with BMC Support and include bldeploy-xxx.log from the failing target's "RSCD\Transactions\log" subdirectory.
can you attach the entire downloader run log and the bldeploy log from the target w/ the errors ?
I've attached the files. Here are some interesting lines from one of the logs, not sure if they mean anything but seem pretty disparaging:
- Could not open file "C:\SRVApps\Bladelogic\RSC\\params.txt" for reading
- Could not find a parameter match to
- No Package items were processed. Package was already completed or empty.
log.zip 4.9 K