1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 12:45 PM by richard mcleod

Compliance against Depot Files...

richard mcleod

Does anyone know of a way to implement compliance on target hosts against depot files?

I was able to setup a compliance rule where I imported fileA from a target server, then created a local property in the component template which referenced the file class, but for it to work i had to set the default value of the property to the path of the depot file. In my rule I was able to reference the property on the right side and used a custom field called checksum. So this proves it works but I am looking for a more streamlined way of implementing this. The overhead of creating rules for each depot file looks to be intensive (creating a local component property for each file i want to check + setting the default value to the specific depot file). Anyone have any ideas?

• 1. Re: Compliance against Depot Files...
          richard mcleod

Obviously 1. BladeLogic would have to implement a method to add the checksum values to the depot object property

2. This would be really simple if the persist operator worked properly in 85

You would be able to set a local component template property to map to the depot object "instance" using persist, then perform your check

//target/file/bleh.checksum = ??local.property.checksum??

Done.

However since the persist option is off the table as unusable

Again obviously 1. BladeLogic would have to implement a method to add the checksum values to the depot object property or implement it yourself

2. Create a local component template property for each file you're looking to check, set the type to the Depot Object -> File class

3. Set the default value of the property to the Depot Object file which should map to the property

4. Perform your check

//target/file/bleh.checksum = ??local_property.checksum??

This gets a bit sloppy as your local component template will be flooded with local properties (1 for each file)