6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 8:10 AM by Dan Egner

Recorded script fine, I get a Winsock 10060 : Connection timed out on replay

Sachin Tewari

Hello Team -

This is a WEBDAV script. I have recorded the script fine but fails on replay with the winsock 10060 error.

I am using the following version of Workbench

This is not a new issue for me and I have seen that Winsock usually occurs if using incorrect profile setting related to proxy/network but in this environment, we dont use proxy server.

Hints & feedback please!

Thanks

Sash

• 1. Re: Recorded script fine, I get a Winsock 10060 : Connection timed out on replay
          Hal DeVore

Are you getting the error when you replay from the Workbench Try Script option on the system where you recorded?  Or on an Execution Server where you've never tried it?

If the latter, have you tried accessing the ES via Remote Desktop and seeing if you can, in fact, access the site the script is hitting from the ES?

--Hal

South Coast Software Consulting

• 2. Re: Recorded script fine, I get a Winsock 10060 : Connection timed out on replay
            Sachin Tewari

Are you getting the error when you replay from the Workbench Try Script option on the system where you recorded? 

-- Yes

Or on an Execution Server where you've never tried it?

-- Yes too- Replay never works anywhere

If the latter, have you tried accessing the ES via Remote Desktop and seeing if you can, in fact, access the site the script is hitting from the ES?

-- Yes, site is accessible

In the ES, Workbench 4.1 and 3.6 is installed & it renders different code(TCP calls) for this Webdav script, when we try to record it from this ES. Again, here it fails to capture TCP calls beyond a certain point after hitting the primary URL.

Workbench 4.2 (installed on my laptop but not installed on the ES) renders readable HTML code(like in web scripts) and records fine but fails on replay.

I loaded WB 4.2 on the execution server but again am unable to record and replay from there because I get this error now

Error could not connect to recorder on host local host at port 19105

Used this KB and already removed extra lines from extend.ini file but it still persists.

I have never rebooted the system after installing WB 4.2 but does this in any way want a reboot?

Hints & feedback please!

@Hal DeVore @Dan Egner

• 3. Re: Recorded script fine, I get a Winsock 10060 : Connection timed out on replay
              Hal DeVore

My first piece of advice to you is: if you cannot get a successful Try Script run, don't bother deploying the script as a monitor.  I have never seen a script that failed in Try Script work on an ES playback.  While having a successful Try Script run isn't a guarantee of a successful ES playback, it is at least a minimum requirement.

My second bit of advice is: don't mix versions.  Always use a Workbench version that matches your ES version. All ES in a TM ART deployment will always be at the same version or Central won't talk to them. It is important that the script engine used in the Workbench matches the script engine used in playback (i.e., in the ES).

Try searching the BMC KB for entries about your original WinSock 10060 error.

My guess is that you are having network problems of some sort.  Possibly a firewall blocking connections.

And, yes, I do recommend rebooting after installing or updating the Workbench.  I have seen that fix some odd problems.

--Hal

• 4. Re: Recorded script fine, I get a Winsock 10060 : Connection timed out on replay
                Michael Evans

I'm using Workbench 15.5 in the STM version and I've had issues with the workbench local proxy going bad (actually corrupting the TCP communications) such that normal traffic appeared to be affected outside of the workbench replay.  WinSock errors talk about something on the local system - additionally the error "Error could not connect to recorder on host local host at port 19105" also points to having an issue with the workbench's own proxy.

If you look at process explorer and look for where the TCP threads are attempting to connect/get terminated are you seeing 19105 (or the current attempted port) terminate at the workbench proxy or attempt to leave the system?

If you do a wireshark/netmon trace on the workbench environment and the target do you see the TCP connection/handshake leave the source system and hit the target system?

again i suspect the local proxy may be getting in the way of this type of communication but its just a theory.

• 5. Re: Recorded script fine, I get a Winsock 10060 : Connection timed out on replay
                  sBhunesh R

Hi Sachin - i do have same error while record its working but replay its failing -

WebPageUrl(WinSock: 10060 - Connection timed out, host="31.1.0.27:4113", attempts=3)

Can someone provide any solutions..