3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 10:31 AM by Steven Lloyd

Linking incidents to problems

Share This:

I am trying to link incidents to problems and linking open incidents is ok. However, we have some closed incidents that we need to link to a problem, can I do this without having to open the incident?

• 1. Re: Linking incidents to problems

Are you referring to the Relationships tab, and creating a relationship to a closed Incident from Problem?--Should work just fine.  I do this all the time when relating Work Orders to old, closed INCs and WOs in Remedy 8.1.  I tested relating an open Problem to a closed Incident in our Dev region and it created an Associations record OK.

Cheers,

Matt

• 2. Re: Linking incidents to problems
            Anne Brock

Henry Luna wrote:

I am trying to link incidents to problems and linking open incidents is ok. However, we have some closed incidents that we need to link to a problem, can I do this without having to open the incident?

Remedy, Remedyforce, or Footprints?

• 3. Re: Linking incidents to problems
              Steven Lloyd

Hi Henry,

If you are using Remedyforce, use the 'Include' button in the right hand corner of the search screen.  By default only open Incidents are include in the search.

CaptureLinkinClosedIncidentsToProblems.JPG

Steps:

1. Press the Include button

2. Check the Closed Items box

3. Press Apply

The same is true when making the link in the opposite direction, from Incidents to Problems.

Regards,

Steve