1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 3:41 AM by Mike Jones

How to save Powershell script output through NSH?

Michell Bradbury

Hello Everyone,

I'm fairly new to powershell but I'd really like to try to get this script working.

Currently I have my script running as a NSH Script job.

cmd /c "powershell -InputFormat NONE

cd C:

function Some-Function {

Some-Function -param value -param value -switch > output.txt"

I would like to save the results of the script in a text document, preferably on the client pc or app server. The script runs fine on it's own, but when I run it as a job it's hard to tell if it's actually saving the output anywhere or if I'm just looking in the wrong places. Is there a better way for me to specify the path the output.txt to be saved?

• 1. Re: How to save Powershell script output through NSH?
          Mike Jones

It depends on a couple of things where the output will be placed:

1. If the redirect is within thepowershellscript then it will be local to the server that is running the script, so you can specify the path using windows standard paths > c:\temp\output.txt
          2. Type 1 NSH script the focus is managed server so something like nexec$NSH_RUNCMD_HOSTpowershell-InputFormat none -command "hostname" > /c/temp/output.txt - puts it in the temp drive on the managed server
          3. Type 2 NSH script runs on the app server so something like nexec $SERVER powershell -InputFormat none -command "hostname" > /tmp/output.txt - puts it in thetmpdrive on the app server

Once you have the output file you could use  "blcli Email sendMailWithAttachment" to forward it on