Please, have a look at queries as per my understanding...
1. Does Blade Logic portal requires additional licenses other than BBSA
-- I guess No. Still please check with other experts as well.
2. Can we add sites in Blade Logic Portal over the WAN? Is it supported? What are the recommendation for this?
-- BladeLogic Portal recommends there should be very minimal n/w latency(that is only key) between Portal Server , Portal DB Server , BBSA App Server and BBSA DB Server (or preferably they should be on same LAN). Otherwise, there might be performance/latency issues.
For more details pls refer : https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/blp20/Home
3. What are the considerations for hardware sizing?
Please, checkout following
If above doc is not answering your queries, please write back..with what you are looking for... !
The minimum hardware sizing given in the documentation is based on how many no of concurrent users/activities performed?
<-- This is minimum sizing for supported BBSA server instance with around avg. 10-20 concurrent users from Portal. Number of concurrent users are limited like no of concurrent users from RCP. As Portal is just web based access provider. Limitations on no. of concurrent connection pools from BBSA are still applicable.
If we need to add multiple sites what are the things we need to consider while calculating hardware requirements.
To answer this, we need to know following details :-
1. No of connections - max as well as avg Portal Logins.
2. least possible latency between all entities.(mostly Portal App+DB and BBSA App+DB should be on same LAN).
3. Planned processor/memory for Portal App Server + Portal DB Servers as well as BBSA app Server + BBSA DB Server.
4. Number of operations happening at Peak time and Storage latency to handle that load.
5. Avg. no of operations happening for week [or if possible month.]
Please,feel free to check with other seniors as well or BMC Support !
Vinayak S Dhok